Sign in to follow this  
pdaughe

Web Application Root Directory

pdaughe

Hello,

I've searched the AutoIt forums and Google and I am getting a VERY BASIC understanding, but I'm at the point where I would appreciate some guidance regarding the following questions:

I have a website on a shared hosting server.

1. If a HTTP POST is done to a CGI program, can the program be written in AutoIt? I've read about the CGI HTTP protocol and I could EASILY program it in AutoIT, but I was surprised that a search on CGI did provide any hits. Is there a reason NOT to write a CGI program in AutoIt? What is commonly done?

2. How do I create a file on the Web Server? Do I need to know the web application root directory? I see that in ASP, the MapPath method provides translation from a virtual path to a physical path -- is there a way to do that in AutoIt? Would FILEOPEN ("/LOG.TEXT") create a file in the root directory of the Web applicaton? If so, is that the proper way to do it -- just use relative file paths?

Guidance from those who "know" is invaluable -- thank you in advance.

FreeRider

Hello,

To work with Http, Ftp, etc... you must work with Wininet dll and its functions....

Use DllCall Autoit command and refer to the MSDN at : http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a...28VS.85%29.aspx

I know my answer is a bit short but you look like "aware" and should be able to find the way out...

Hope it will help.

FreeRider

FreeRiderHonour & Fidelity