Webservice Access

Clay

Hey guys,

Quick Question: Has anyone ever tried using autoit to retireve data using webservies?

I am attempting to do with now. I am trying to access a webservice in order to return some data and manipulate it. Now I have never tried using webservices before and I am faily new to autoit so I am getting confused on two fronts. I have included a snippet of my code below where I am attempting to access the webserive... the result that is returned is 0 or -1 depending which web service I include in the http: path.....could someone please take a look at the code and let me know:

1). if I am missing anything or doing anything wrong in order to access the webservice - is my syntax off? is the script not suffient in order to accomplish what

I want?

2) Why I am getting a result of 0 or -1?

Note: The web service I am attempting to access does not use SOAP. Also in the snippet below I just included the path to a Microsoft web service... I can not provide the one I am actually trying to access as it contains sensitive data - I hope this does not offend anyone.

Dim $objHTTP 
Dim $objReturn
Dim $value
Dim $packageQueryUrl= "http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.mspx"

$objHTTP = ObjCreate("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
$objReturn = ObjCreate("Msxml2.DOMdocument.3.0")

$objHTTP.Open("Get", $packageQueryUrl, False )
$objHTTP.Send

$value = $objReturn.loadXML($objHTTP.ResponseText)
MsgBox(0,"DevCentral Result equals: ", $value)

Ok....no one replied but thanks to all who atleast took a look. Fortunately I was able to solve my issue myself.... so I am just adding a reply to my initial post for the benefit of those who will run into this issue after me. I have included the code below that enabled me to retrieve information from the webservice.

1. Basically this was wrong. loadXML is not required

$value = $objReturn.loadXML($objHTTP.ResponseText)

2.An XMLHTTP Object is not required, but it doesn't hurt to keep it in.

Below you can find the corrected script

Dim $objHTTP 
Dim $objReturn
Dim $Result
Dim $packageQueryUrl= "http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.mspx"

$objHTTP = ObjCreate("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
;$objReturn = ObjCreate("Msxml2.DOMdocument.3.0")

$objHTTP.Open("Get", $packageQueryUrl, False )
$objHTTP.Send

$Result = $objHTTP.ResponseText

MsgBox(0,"Result equals: ", $Result)

I hope this is helpful to someone in the future.

Peace !!!!!

Edited by Clay

• 3 months later...

Thanks! This is very useful. I've been looking for something exactly like this. I don't like trying to use TCP to send everything...

Replace the MsgBox() line with this code:

$File=FileOpen("Result.txt",2)
FileWrite($File,$Result)
FileClose($File)
ShellExecuteWait("notepad.exe","Result.txt")
FileDelete("Result.txt")

It makes it easier to view larger amounts of text + other things you can probably think of that are more useful than MsgBox()

Edited by NTARelix