Two windows with same info!

Hi people, I'm new at this and have a question.

How do you identify diferent windows that have same name, but Autoit Window Info doesn't show any visible text? I have a patch that shows some text after finishing process, but this text isn't shown in Autoit Window Info.

Maybe there's some function to wait X seconds and then I could hit the exit button to close window.

Pd: Sorry my english!

Hi, thank you por answering my question.

I know that AutoIt uses the active window. The problem is that this patch uses only one window. Is there any other description to identify some change in the window?

If you WinList them, couldn't you control them separately (Assuming you could correctly reference the correct windows by Z-Index alone) by using their handles returned by WinList()?

Like if you know that the window you want to control is created before the other one, you could reference the one lower on the Z-Index.

Am I making any sense whatsoever?

Hi people, I'm new at this and have a question.

How do you identify diferent windows that have same name, but Autoit Window Info doesn't show any visible text? I have a patch that shows some text after finishing process, but this text isn't shown in Autoit Window Info.

Maybe there's some function to wait X seconds and then I could hit the exit button to close window.

Pd: Sorry my english!

What IS shown in AU3Info? If it's a Flash object or some other non-Windows API drawing the window, then AutoIt can't see it.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Sorry, maybe i'm not expressing myselft in the correct way. I'm trying to crack Alcohol 120%. Below are two screenshots of the patch.

This is before applying patch:

Posted Image

And this is after applying patch:

Posted Image

As you can see, there is only one window, and the text inside changes after the patch is applied. I need to know when the process is finished so I can close the window.

Thanks for your time! :D

Sorry, maybe i'm not expressing myselft in the correct way. I'm trying to crack Alcohol 120%.

That's pretty expressive. Alcohol 120% is licensed CD burning software. You won't get any more help from me, and hopefully not from this forum.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• Moderators

That's pretty expressive. Alcohol 120% is licensed CD burning software. You won't get any more help from me, and hopefully not from this forum.

Definitely not in this thread.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.