copy paste

Guest cris

Hi;

I'm a newbe. I'm stuck already, can someone tell me how to select the text; in this case a filename, copy and then paste it into a text box?

Why? the filname is a number that represents the next free ID for new patron of the library program.

thanks,

Chris

Hi;

I'm a newbe. I'm stuck already, can someone tell me how to select the text; in this case a filename, copy and then paste it into a text box?

Why? the filname is a number that represents the next  free ID for new patron of the library program.

thanks,

Chris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you wanting to get the actual name of a file and be able to paste it somewhere? If this is what you want, you can use "FileFindFirstFile" and "FileFindNextFile". These commands return the name of the file so you can use it to do what you want. Look in the help file at these commands and see if this will do what you want. If not, post more information about what you are actually trying to do and we could help more.

We have enough youth. How about a fountain of SMART?

What do you want to do exactly? Get a file from where?

My site for HTML Help :)[quote name='Valik' date='Oct 15 2004, 12:29 PM']Maybe nobody is an "elite uber-coder" like me because thinking is a capital offense in today's online-world?[right][snapback]36427[/snapback][/right][/quote]