#32770 Window with an Empty Title - Please Help

Hi all,

I am trying to automatically close an update prompt window that pops up everytime I started an application I purchased with the following code. The problem is that the update prompt window has an empty title.

I am able to use this code to close #32770 windows with any title, but it seems like it does not work properly for window that has empty title.

Could somebody please suggest a way to close a window with empty title or show me how I can modify the existing code to successfully match empty title window?

I have also attached the window info I got from AutoIt info tool with this thread. Please help, I am running out of ideas.

Thanks in advance.

While 1
    If WinWait("[CLASS:#32770]", "", 2) Then
        ConsoleWrite("Debug: Detected update prompt window" & @LF)
        $hWin = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:#32770]","")
        WinActivate($hWin)
        ExitLoop
    Else
        ConsoleWrite("Debug: Update prompt window not detected yet..." & @LF)
    EndIf
WEnd

Sleep(500)
ControlClick($hWin, "", "[CLASS:Button;TEXT:No]")

>>>> Window <<<<

Title:

Class: #32770

Position: 242, 402

Size: 389, 131

Style: 0x9600004C

ExStyle: 0x00010000

Handle: 0x000D07F0

>>>> Control <<<<

Class:

Instance:

ClassnameNN:

ID:

Text:

Position:

Size:

ControlClick Coords:

Style:

ExStyle:

Handle: 0x00010C8A

Hi all,

I am trying to automatically close an update prompt window that pops up everytime I started an application I purchased with the following code. The problem is that the update prompt window has an empty title.

I am able to use this code to close #32770 windows with any title, but it seems like it does not work properly for window that has empty title.

Could somebody please suggest a way to close a window with empty title or show me how I can modify the existing code to successfully match empty title window?

I have also attached the window info I got from AutoIt info tool with this thread. Please help, I am running out of ideas.

Thanks in advance.

While 1
    If WinWait("[CLASS:#32770]", "", 2) Then
        ConsoleWrite("Debug: Detected update prompt window" & @LF)
        $hWin = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:#32770]","")
        WinActivate($hWin)
        ExitLoop
    Else
        ConsoleWrite("Debug: Update prompt window not detected yet..." & @LF)
    EndIf
WEnd

Sleep(500)
ControlClick($hWin, "", "[CLASS:Button;TEXT:No]")

>>>> Window <<<<

Title:

Class: #32770

Position: 242, 402

Size: 389, 131

Style: 0x9600004C

ExStyle: 0x00010000

Handle: 0x000D07F0

>>>> Control <<<<

Class:

Instance:

ClassnameNN:

ID:

Text:

Position:

Size:

ControlClick Coords:

Style:

ExStyle:

Handle: 0x00010C8A

The #32770 class is used for a lot of Windows system prompts and dialogs. Closing things on just that parameters could have undesirable effects. Much better to get something unique to look for.

As rasim already posted, including some unique text is the easiest option.

Another way to differentiate a window like that is the controls it contains. Test if for a Button control that contains the text "OK", "&Next", or "Finish" for example. There are lots of options for reliably specifying the correct window.

Note the current Beta (3.2.11.7) includes advanced matching parameters for X, Y, W, H if that's all you know.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law