ControlSend/ControlClick Focus Steal

Im simply trying to write a script that opens a properties dialog for the program im running (utorrent), updates a few text boxes with ControlSetText then confirms the changes

my issue is that on the confimation, the window takes focus, i would love it if i could avoid this

ive tried controlsend and controlclick and im tring to understand if ControlCommand could help me but i just dont see how.

ideas anyone? thanks either way!

Edited by JohnMC

Im simply trying to write a script that opens a properties dialog for the program im running (utorrent), updates a few text boxes with ControlSetText then confirms the changes

my issue is that on the confimation, the window takes focus, i would love it if i could avoid this

ive tried controlsend and controlclick and im tring to understand if ControlCommand could help me but i just dont see how.

ideas anyone? thanks either way!

I'm not clear what you mean. When you say the window takes focus do you mean a window asking for confirmation? If you need to enter a response then it has to take focus so I'm probably confused. Can youexplain in sinmpler steps?
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I'm not clear what you mean. When you say the window takes focus do you mean a window asking for confirmation? If you need to enter a response then it has to take focus so I'm probably confused. Can youexplain in sinmpler steps?

Well the window im making edits in simply needs to have the edits applied by pressing Ok or Apply, when controlsend or controlclick are executed to press the "apply" button the window takes focus (the same window the edits were made in and where the apply button is)....

im playing with controlcommand and it seems like controlcommand("title", "text", controlID,"Check", "") might be working, i saw some unexpected results the first time i used it but i think it might of been a one time thing.... interesting how this function seems to work with regular buttons