ControlSend a colon to command window

Does anyone know how to get ControlSend to send non-alphabetic and non-numeric characters to a command prompt window? In particular, an asterisk and a colon. Every time I try, the numeral 8 is substituted for an asterisk, and a semi-colon is substituted for a colon.

There are many posts that show ControlSend code with a colon in a path but, from my perspective, I do not see how they worked. To see what I mean, try the following code. Please note that this code is only to demonstrate the ControlSend problem I am having, so please ignore other ways to get to the root directory of c-drive.

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",4)
Run("cmd", @TempDir)
WinWait("classname=ConsoleWindowClass")
$hWnd = WinGetHandle("Classname=ConsoleWindowClass")

; With flag zero, no plus sign
ControlSend($hWnd,"","","cd c:\{Enter}", 0)
MsgBox(4096, "ControlSend test", "1. With flag = 0, is the dirctory C:\?")

; With flag zero, and plus sign.
ControlSend($hWnd,"","","cd c+:\{Enter}", 0)
MsgBox(4096, "ControlSend test", "2. With flag = 0 and used +, is the dirctory C+:\?")

; With flag 1.
ControlSend($hWnd,"","","cd c:\", 1)
ControlSend($hWnd,"","","{Enter}", 0)
MsgBox(4096, "ControlSend test", "3. With flag = 1, is the dirctory C:\?")

; Send
Send("cd c:\{Enter}", 0)
MsgBox(4096, "Send test", "4. How about now, is the directory C:\?")

Phillip

"shift state" characters are not so "controlsend-able". there was a workaround, some time ago... search the forum for ControlSendPlus...

Lar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you, that worked. It's from Pekster's AutoIt Script Index Page, http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/pekster/pekster%27s%20scripting%20index.html. Thanks Pekster!

ControlSendPlus version 2.03

Originally called ShiftControlSend, this UDF is designed to be an enhancement to the ControlSend function. It will properly handle the shift state to controls by using the global shift, which the ControlSend function does not do. It will also properly send the alt and control keystrokes, as well as understand the special characters such as {ENTER} and {UP}. It's even able to handle advanced forms, such as "!^{ENTER 2}".

Phillip