Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zackrspv

MySQL Connection Question

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

How long does the connection stay active after making it? It seems like the connection dies after like 5 minutes. Is there a way we can monitor the connection, and if broken, reconnect in the background?

Yes, I am quite aware of the connection tear down time settings on the MySQL server too, and am going to take that into account. My question really has to do with how to detect, and reload in the background, if lost.

Edited by zackrspv

-_-------__--_-_-____---_-_--_-__-__-_ ^^€ñ†®øÞÿ ë×阮§ wï†høµ† ƒë@®, wï†høµ† †ïmë, @ñd wï†høµ† @ †ïmïdï†ÿ ƒø® !ïƒë. €×阮 ñø†, bµ† ïñ§†ë@d wï†hïñ, ñ@ÿ, †h®øµghøµ† †hë 맧ëñ§ë øƒ !ïƒë.

How long does the connection stay active after making it? It seems like the connection dies after like 5 minutes. Is there a way we can monitor the connection, and if broken, reconnect in the background?

Yes, I am quite aware of the connection tear down time settings on the MySQL server too, and am going to take that into account. My question really has to do with how to detect, and reload in the background, if lost.

Is there a way to accomplish either?

-_-------__--_-_-____---_-_--_-__-__-_ ^^€ñ†®øÞÿ ë×阮§ wï†høµ† ƒë@®, wï†høµ† †ïmë, @ñd wï†høµ† @ †ïmïdï†ÿ ƒø® !ïƒë. €×阮 ñø†, bµ† ïñ§†ë@d wï†hïñ, ñ@ÿ, †h®øµghøµ† †hë 맧ëñ§ë øƒ !ïƒë.

Is there a way to accomplish either?

Well, i've made the script to go and query the server every 15 to 30 seconds randomly; so hopefully that'll keep the connection alive and stable.