Is ControlSend unreliable?

I made a program using it to send to my minimized game window, barely worked.

Some letters wouldn't be capitalized, random letters would appear, strange stuff like that.

I raised delays very high, still happens :idiot:

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

ControlSend never sends shift, so letters are not caps.

You REALLY need to search before posting useless questions. There is already a UDF called ControlSendPlus that fixes the caps problem. For random letters, probably same thing. (* would come out 8, etc.)

Who else would I be?

I apologize, I didn't think this was a common problem.

I'll search next time.

Edited by Insolence
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

• Administrators

ControlSend never sends shift, so letters are not caps.

You REALLY need to search before posting useless questions. There is already a UDF called ControlSendPlus that fixes the caps problem. For random letters, probably same thing. (* would come out 8, etc.)

Bit harsh. ControlSend is only unreliable for command prompts as that works differently to normal windows (seems to check physical states rather than accepting the keystroke messages). For normal windows ControlSend should be way more reliable than a normal Send - and yes it does send shift, ctrl, alt etc.

A game will usually work by checking physical states and therefore will probably suffer the same problems as a command prompt window.

• 3 weeks later...

ControlSend is only unreliable for command prompts as that works differently to normal windows (seems to check physical states rather than accepting the keystroke messages).  For normal windows ControlSend should be way more reliable than a normal Send - and yes it does send shift, ctrl, alt etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now that would be very useful to find in the helpfile :idiot: