Can a browser-based image be extracted?

The Au3Info block below identifies a browser control that holds an image. I'd like to have my script pick up the current image from that control and write it to a file. This is beyond anything I've tried so far with AutoIt and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Can someone suggest an approach? Is it even practical to try and do this? Regarding my level of experience, I'm probably approaching mid-level -- with about 20 scripts written so far -- but a DllCall "code-slinger", I'm not.

Any help will be appreciated.

post-29172-1209218212_thumb.png

Please take a look at INetGet. There is also a sample in the Snippet Database (see my sig) that downloads all images on a webpage http://quadryders.com/phpcc/snippet.php?sid=56

Note that webpage content is not accessible the way that standard Win32 controls are... it has its own object model.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Note that webpage content is not accessible the way that standard Win32 controls are... it has its own object model.

So the control "AfxWnd70u" in my Au3Info example has no use or meaning for this purpose?

I'll take a look at INetGet like you suggested, but I was sure hoping for a "single call" since I only want the contents of that one control.

Thanks for your response.

Perhaps I misunderstand what you are referring to as a "browser control". Looking at the control class, I did.

I believe that the element you are talking about is an ActiveX control. It is represented in the browser object model as an OBJECT tag. It is also accessible as a Win32 control, but not a standard Win32 control, so you'll probably be disappointed following that path (someone else may have some ideas however).

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble