Web page activation

I'm unsure about your first question... might come back to it after I think about it.

But no , they don't need AutoIt installed as long as the script is compiled to a .exe

EDIT

To your first Question:

Well. I think you would have to do this two ways:

1. Have the file stored on the site somehow where it can be triggered.

2. Have the file on the users computer already.

I'm not sure if #1 is possible , because that would be a gateway for hackers of all kinds. I don't see something like that working , you might just have to have them DOWNLOAD the program and than run it themselves.

Edited by Drew

I want to know if there is a way to get an Autoit script to run when they click on a link on a webpage?

Do they need Autoit insalled for it to work?

If you want it to run on the client system, you must use an HTA (.hta Hypertext Application) that has access to the filesystem. See MSDN.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

AHEMM :) i would google "url protocol" to figure out what im talking about and "register url protocol" on how to add your own if this doesn't help you i can show you an example as i have done this before.

[quote name='PsaltyDS' post='635433' date='Jan 27 2009, 07:04 AM']Larry is a mass murderer?! It's always the quiet, clean cut, bald guys... [/quote]