Getting Tooltip Text

The help file doesn't give any examples, and I can't find the help/examples that came with au3lib. So how do I get the text of the tooltips from a window that has no controls.

The window has a title and handle. There are what "appears" to be buttons in this window and nothing else (you hover over the images a square box slightly raises("buttons") and a tooltip pops up). There is NO control or any other info in the AutoIt Window Info besides the window info of this particular window.

How do I do this?

The help file doesn't give any examples, and I can't find the help/examples that came with au3lib. So how do I get the text of the tooltips from a window that has no controls.

The window has a title and handle. There are what "appears" to be buttons in this window and nothing else (you hover over the images a square box slightly raises("buttons") and a tooltip pops up). There is NO control or any other info in the AutoIt Window Info besides the window info of this particular window.

How do I do this?

Possibly, you don't. Some apps draw their own GUIs without using the standard Windows APIs. AutoIt is designed to operate on the standard APIs, so if your app doesn't use them, AutoIt can't do anything with it. Flash apps are an example. Even if there are inputs and buttons in the app, AutoIt can't see them because they are drawn directly by Flash, not by the Windows API's.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law