Need a little help

I don't know if anyone has ever asked this before, but I am trying to make a program that will read an ini file, breaking each section down into a tab, I have completed this mainly by copy ans pasting from the help file, but it's a start and I atleast understand most of what I am seeing.

Before we continue this is for a game, but all this program is supposed to do is read an ini, break everyting down, then update the ini with the changes I made using the gui.

My problem so far is I can not output what is inside each section into the tabs. Like my Ini file has three sections so far Settings, Bot0, Bot1. I want to output all of the settings section under the settings tab, etc etc with the others.

This is what I have so far.

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

GUICreate("Configuration Utility") ; will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered

GUISetFont(9, 300)
$aini = "Awesom-O.ini"
$tab=GUICtrlCreateTab (10,10, 200,100)
$widthCell = 70
GUICtrlCreateLabel ("Information", 40,40,70,20); first cell 70 width
$var = IniReadSectionNames($aini)
If @error Then 
    MsgBox(4096, "", "Error occurred, probably no INI file.")
Else
    For $i = 1 To $var[0]
    $tab = GUICtrlCreateTabitem ($var[$i])
    $info = IniReadSection($aini,$var[$i])
    $tab1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel ($info[$i][0], -1, 0)
Next
EndIf

GUICtrlCreateTabitem ("")  ; end tabitem definition

GUISetState ()

; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()

If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
Wend

Anyone willing to help?

I don't know if anyone has ever asked this before, but I am trying to make a program that will read an ini file, breaking each section down into a tab, I have completed this mainly by copy ans pasting from the help file, but it's a start and I atleast understand most of what I am seeing.

Before we continue this is for a game, but all this program is supposed to do is read an ini, break everyting down, then update the ini with the changes I made using the gui.

My problem so far is I can not output what is inside each section into the tabs. Like my Ini file has three sections so far Settings, Bot0, Bot1. I want to output all of the settings section under the settings tab, etc etc with the others.

You need a separate For/Next loop for the values, inside the For/Next loop for the sections.

Demo:

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

GUICreate("Configuration Utility", 400, 300); will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered

$sINI = @ScriptDir & "\Test.ini"
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Information", 10, 10, 70, 20); first cell 70 width
$ctrlTab = GUICtrlCreateTab(10, 40, 380, 250)

$avSec = IniReadSectionNames($sINI)
If @error Then
    MsgBox(4096, "", "Error occurred, probably no INI file.")
Else
    Global $avTabs[$avSec[0] + 1] = [$avSec[0]]; Array to hold tab ctrl IDs
; For each section..
    For $iSec = 1 To $avSec[0]
        $avTabs[$iSec] = GUICtrlCreateTabItem($avSec[$iSec])
        $avVals = IniReadSection($sINI, $avSec[$iSec])
    ; for each value inside the section
        For $iVal = 1 To $avVals[0][0]
            $tab1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel($avVals[$iVal][0] & " = " & $avVals[$iVal][1], 30, 40 + (30 * $iVal), 340, 20)
        Next
    Next
EndIf

GUICtrlCreateTabItem(""); end tabitem definition

GUISetState()

; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()

If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
WEnd

Test.ini file:

[English]
1=One
2=Two
3=Three
4=Four

[French]
1=Un
2=Deux
3=Trois
4=Quatre

[Spanish]
1=Uno
2=Dos
3=Tres
4=Cuatro

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Ty very much I have in a way almost completed the script. It opens and shows all the configuration options and everything. Only thing left to do is add a sacve option incase I modify them. :( This is nice. Ty very much for your help!

Any chance you could share your script afterwards? I'm trying to do the same thing (or similar at least) and would love to know how you've done it. :)