If statement and piping the variable..

Hi There,

I searched topics and read and re-read the help files, but I am obviously confused how to do a section of a script I am working on, shown below.

I am attempting to have my script determin it's geographical location by determinging the logon server DC that it authenticates against. This will then determine which servers it will access to further run scripts.. but I am stumbling around the first part of having it pass on the correct location information. I've added a tray tip to easily feed me back the results so i can test and have run on a box in another geographical location to test... but while it passes on the correct DC, it does'nt seems to pass on the location and deploymentserver string.

I'm thinking this is a fairly simple solution, but I have blocked myself into thinking one way... anyone able to take a look and give me some clues on what I'm doing wrong?

CODE

$strLogonServer = @LogonServer

$strDeploymentServer = "UNKNOWN"

;Detect Site Location and allocate deployment server

If $strLogonServer = "MELDC1" or "MELDC2" or "MELDC3" Then

$strLocation = "Melbourne AUS"

$strDeploymentServer = "MELSVR0"

ElseIf $strLogonServer = "SYDDC1" or "SYDDC2" Then

$strLocation = "Sydney AUS"

$strDeploymentServer = "SYDSVR0"

Else

$strLocation = "Not Detected"

EndIf

TrayTip("Site Detection","Found " & $strLogonServer &" at "& $strLocation &" using "& $strDeploymentServer & " deployment server",100,1)

Sleep(3000)

Thanks,

Jtsm

Hi There,

I searched topics and read and re-read the help files, but I am obviously confused how to do a section of a script I am working on, shown below.

I am attempting to have my script determin it's geographical location by determinging the logon server DC that it authenticates against. This will then determine which servers it will access to further run scripts.. but I am stumbling around the first part of having it pass on the correct location information. I've added a tray tip to easily feed me back the results so i can test and have run on a box in another geographical location to test... but while it passes on the correct DC, it does'nt seems to pass on the location and deploymentserver string.

I'm thinking this is a fairly simple solution, but I have blocked myself into thinking one way... anyone able to take a look and give me some clues on what I'm doing wrong?

CODE

$strLogonServer = @LogonServer

;Detect Site Location and allocate deployment server

If $strLogonServer = "MELDC1" or "MELDC2" or "MELDC3" Then

ElseIf $strLogonServer = "SYDDC1" or "SYDDC2" Then

Else

EndIf

TrayTip("Site Detection","Found " & $strLogonServer &" at "& $strLocation &" using "& $strDeploymentServer & " deployment server",100,1)

Sleep(3000)

If you structure your If condition that way it will have to be:
If $strLogonServer = "MELDC1" or $strLogonServer = "MELDC2" or $strLogonServer = "MELDC3" Then

This is less awkward:

; Default values

; Detect Site Location and allocate deployment server
Switch @LogonServer
    Case "MELDC1", "MELDC2", "MELDC3"
    Case "SYDDC1", "SYDDC2"
EndSwitch

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law