Automate firefox

Bert

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Stilgar,

When I try to use the TabOpen function it opens a tab, but the URL never gets entered. How come?

This is what it says in the editor when I use your script "FFTabAdd.au3"

__FFStartProcess: ""C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"  -repl 4242  "about:blank"
_FFConnect: OS:     WIN_XP WIN32_NT 2600 Service Pack 3
_FFConnect: AutoIt:     3.3.0.0
_FFConnect: FF.au3: 0.4.0.1b
_FFConnect: IP:     127.0.0.1
_FFConnect: Port:   4242
_FFConnect: Delay:  2ms
Edited by Migrashin

@trinitrotoluen:

- I can't find any problem with _FFSearch function.

How do you have used the function?

- This messageboxes appears from the TCPSend/Revc functions.

You can disable them with the global var

$_FF_ERROR_MSGBOX = false

and using your own error routines for this.

- Blocking Banners? AddBlock :P

You can disable loading all images, but not single images deppending on size or so.

@Migrashin:

Which version of the FF.au3 do you using?

But it's previous version can do, do you still keep FF.au3's previous version. If you do can you send it to me ? I lost it ! Thx in advance !

You can have an other version, but you can't handle multiple windows with it. It's true if you open a new browser window you can control it, but you don't have access to any other open window. And the problem with the "old" versions is: If you open an other FF window, like the DOM Inspector, Download Manager ..., all commands "try to work" on this new window and not on the browser-window.

You can have an other version, but you can't handle multiple windows with it. It's true if you open a new browser window you can control it, but you don't have access to any other open window. And the problem with the "old" versions is: If you open an other FF window, like the DOM Inspector, Download Manager ..., all commands "try to work" on this new window and not on the browser-window.

No, everything work fine until the newest version, I could control multiple FFs, just changed the port. But now 0.4.0.6b-0 doesn't work !

p/s: OK, I understand now. But the newest version can't startup the new FF browser and can't control the new browser either.Anyway, Do you still keep the 0.4.0.1 version ?

Edited by trinitrotoluen

thanks for response Stilgar but have you tested your script?

somehow doesn't work for me. both image nad link had been found but there's an error - 'TypeError: FF_AutoItScript.SimulateClick is not a function'

here is log from my console:

_FFConnect: OS: WIN_XP WIN32_NT 2600 Dodatek Service Pack 3
_FFConnect: AutoIt: 3.3.0.0
_FFConnect: FF.au3: 0.4.0.6b-3
_FFConnect: IP: 127.0.0.1
_FFConnect: Socket:     1744
__FFSend: navigator.userAgent
__FFRecv: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pl; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6
_FFConnect: Browser:    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pl; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6
__FFSend: FF_AutoItScript.SimulateClick(content.frames["top"].document.images[1],0,0)
__FFRecv: 
__FFWaitForRepl ==> MozRepl Exception: !!! TypeError: FF_AutoItScript.SimulateClick is not a function
_FFClickImage ==> No match: 1
__FFSend: FF_AutoItScript.SearchLink("text","Nast","top")
__FFRecv: 59
__FFSend: FF_AutoItScript.SimulateClick(content.frames["top"].document.links[59],0,0)
__FFRecv: 
__FFWaitForRepl ==> MozRepl Exception: !!! TypeError: FF_AutoItScript.SimulateClick is not a function

I've downloaded new version just second ago but result is the same.

_FFConnect: OS: WIN_XP WIN32_NT 2600 Dodatek Service Pack 3
_FFConnect: AutoIt: 3.3.0.0
_FFConnect: FF.au3: 0.4.0.6b-4
_FFConnect: IP: 127.0.0.1
_FFConnect: Socket:     1744
__FFSend: navigator.userAgent
__FFRecv: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pl; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6
_FFConnect: Browser:    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pl; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6
__FFSend: FF_AutoItScript.SearchLink("text","Nast","top")
__FFRecv: 53
__FFSend: FF_AutoItScript.SimulateClick(content.frames["top"].document.links[53],0,0)
__FFRecv: