Phactor

My friends said I minds well make a game out of the previously no-goal game Physix

Phactor

• The main goal is to collect Yellow blocks (by jumping into them)
  • You start with 60 seconds to do this.
  • Each yellow block you gain gives you an extra 2 seconds
  • Unlike Physix, you can't mess with the floor position and stuff.
  • Also unlike physix, you can only jump once per bounce.
  • Phactor now has a ceiling too.
  • I also added Achievements to give the game a little more goal (Hmm, now thaat I think of it, I should have awarded you with more time for achievemnts)
  • Phactor has full images and sounds(provided you extract the RAR)
  • one known possible bug: My windows skin adds about 30 pixels onto the position WinGetPos() returns so the position of the black block may be 15-30 pixel off, I could be wrong however, and that all windows have a 30 pixel handle bar(top bar)

Screen shot:

Posted Image

Download:

From Mediafire

Have fun =P

Please post any bugs you come across, I was told abotu a -1 error back at physix but I was never able to recreate the error, if you find it please say so =P

P.S. I now notice that a few people might be annoyed that I made two threads, but Phactor is quite a bit different from Physix so I figured it deserved a new thread considering how much effort I put into it.

P.S.S. Theres a hotkey to open up the old Physix control panel, and with a it a few cheats too, but it was all for testing purposes. Opening it will give you the "Cheater" Achievement too!

P.S.S.S. I won' tell you what the hotkey is, but it should be easy enough to find out.

P.S.S.S.S. I shamelessly stole most of the sound files from the internet, but the background music I stole from adiosurf(and converted to wav)... SoundPlay doesn't work on Mp3s on my computer for somereason.

Phactor.au3

Edited by VindicatorOmega

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

I think I got a neat idea.

If you look at this image, and note I suck at drawing.

Posted Image

you should notice a ball that will be what you'll have to guide through a maze like play field, and your object is to reach the goal using the least moves you can possibly think of, it will guide the ball with 4 objects that the ball will land on they are each different from one another.

- left

- right

- up

- down

you can also make it so it cost you money to set theses objects, or 3 lifes in order to complete the level.

so in order to win the round in the top picture you would have to do something like this although I didn't use the least possible moves I could, its just an example.

Posted Image

when the ball falls on the right object (orange) it will roll on the block (black) line and fall down reaching the goal but just incase it doesn't the left object arrow (yellow) will make sure it does.

if you want it to be harder you could make it so if the ball lands on a tilted block it will do nothing but makes it look a lot neater and better effect if it rolls.

Edited by JellyFish666

Thats a really good Idea, I might try it, but at the moment, I cam't even make a ball lol, all I gots is a block XD

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

use the layered extended style in your GUI and draw a circle then fill in the square parts with 255,0,255 rbg then set it as the image and presto ball. though you'd have to make it a separate window otherwise you'd see through your GUI