Basic questions: timer and goto

I have experience with BATCH and USCRIPT programming. In batch you can use goto.

What is the equivalent of this function in AutoIt?

I'm also used to setting timers to check things. For example:

settimer(3.0, [optional:repeat] )

func timer()
do some stuff every 3 sec
endfunc

How can I do this in AutoIt?

AdLibEnable

Is that the only way? From the description: "The adlib function should be kept simple as it is executed often and during this time the main script is paused. Also, the time parameter should be used carefully to avoid CPU load."

This makes it sound like a tick function, which is indeed very processor intensive. What I'm really after is a true timer that only gets called once every time seconds. Also the main script shouldn't be paused during the execution of the timer(!).

• Developers

Is that the only way? From the description: "The adlib function should be kept simple as it is executed often and during this time the main script is paused. Also, the time parameter should be used carefully to avoid CPU load."

This makes it sound like a tick function, which is indeed very processor intensive. What I'm really after is a true timer that only gets called once every time seconds. Also the main script shouldn't be paused during the execution of the timer(!).

Nah, you determine how 'tick" this function becomes.

and ofcourse the main function is interupted... what else do you expect? Paralel/multi tasking isn't working.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)