_Password()

AlmarM

why dont you have the user (1st time run) set their own password, encrypt it, write it to reg. then check to see if they add up.

Here is one that is close, it has been in Autoit Wrappers forever, Just tidy'd it up today

; password encrypter
; Author Valuater

If Not FileExists(@SystemDir & "\License.dat") Then
    $password = InputBox("Password *Set-up*", "  Please *Set-up* Your Password:", "", "", 200, 120)
    If @error = 1 Or $password = "" Then Exit
    FileWrite(@SystemDir & "\License.dat", _StringEncrypt(1, $password, @ComputerName & "4"))
Else
    $password = _StringEncrypt(0, FileReadLine(@SystemDir & "\License.dat", 1), @ComputerName & "4")
    If InputBox("Password Protected", "  Please Type in Your Password:", "", "*", 200, 120) <> $password Then Exit
EndIf

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Here is one that is close, it has been in Autoit Wrappers forever, Just tidy'd it up today

; password encrypter
; Author Valuater

$password = InputBox("Password *Set-up*", "  Please *Set-up* Your Password:", "", "", 200, 120)
    FileWrite(@SystemDir & "\License.dat", _StringEncrypt(1, $password, @ComputerName & "4"))
Else
    $password = _StringEncrypt(0, FileReadLine(@SystemDir & "\License.dat", 1), @ComputerName & "4")
    If InputBox("Password Protected", "  Please Type in Your Password:", "", "*", 200, 120) <> $password Then Exit
EndIf

At least, I think that's it.. I just woke up. :)

Also easy to break since the password is always @computername & "4".

This is better:

FileWrite(@SystemDir & "\License.dat", _StringEncrypt(1, @ComputerName & "4", $password))
Else
    $password = _StringEncrypt(0, FileReadLine(@ComputerName & "4", @SystemDir & "\License.dat", 1))
EndIf

At least, I think that's it.. I just woke up. :)

Thats funny, you must have needed coffee badly, What were you trying to do????

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Thats funny, you must have needed coffee badly, What were you trying to do????

8)

I'm having a bit of a problem to describe what's wrong with this in English or to describe it in code, so I'll just write it down here step by step.

FileWrite(@SystemDir & "\License.dat", _StringEncrypt(1, $password, @ComputerName & "4")) ;original codeoÝ÷ ØÚ0Ê¡j÷­ê+§jZZ²Ì(­ÖÚrL"¶.¶IèÂ)ඨ®("©ijË0¢·bØ^~*ì¶ZqâÊ¢Øb±«­¢+Ù¥±]ɥѡMåÍѵ¥ÈµÀìÅÕ½ÐìÀäÈí1¥¹Í¹ÐÅÕ½Ðì°}MÑÉ¥¹¹ÉåÁÐ Ä°
½µÁÕÑÉ9µµÀìÅÕ½ÐìÐÅÕ½Ðì°ÀÌØíÁÍÍݽɤ¤

You must know the original password to get the outcome to be @ComputerName & "4" again, and you can't simply get the users password.

I hope I made some sense.

I'm having a bit of a problem to describe what's wrong with this in English or to describe it in code, so I'll just write it down here step by step.

FileWrite(@SystemDir & "\License.dat", _StringEncrypt(1, $password, @ComputerName & "4")) ;original codeoÝ÷ ØÚ0Ê¡j÷­ê+§jZZ²Ì(­ÖÚrL"¶.¶IèÂ)ඨ®("©ijË0¢·bØ^~*ì¶ZqâÊ¢Øb±«­¢+Ù¥±]ɥѡMåÍѵ¥ÈµÀìÅÕ½ÐìÀäÈí1¥¹Í¹ÐÅÕ½Ðì°}MÑÉ¥¹¹ÉåÁÐ Ä°
½µÁÕÑÉ9µµÀìÅÕ½ÐìÐÅÕ½Ðì°ÀÌØíÁÍÍݽɤ¤

You must know the original password to get the outcome to be @ComputerName & "4" again, and you can't simply get the users password.

I hope I made some sense.

ok, I see what you are saying, but where do you store the varaiable $Password???

FileWrite(@SystemDir & "\License.dat", _StringEncrypt(1, @ComputerName & "4", $password))

??

8)

NEWHeader1.png

ok, I see what you are saying, but where do you store the varaiable $Password???

??

8)

probably best to convert eack character to hex, and then to binary. Store the whole thing in some obscure registry key as a REG_DWord value. Then you would need a function or another script to decrypt it

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I was trying to work with manadars idea, and I dont see it

#Include <String.au3>

If Not FileExists(@SystemDir & "\License4.dat") Then
    ;FileWrite(@SystemDir & "\License3.dat", _StringEncrypt(1, $password, @ComputerName & "4"))
    FileWrite(@SystemDir & "\License4.dat", _StringEncrypt(1, @ComputerName & "4", $password))
Else
    $Input = InputBox("Password Protected", "  Please Type in Your Password:", "", "*", 200, 120)
    $Answer = _StringEncrypt(0, FileReadLine(@SystemDir & "\License4.dat", 1), $Input ) 
    If $Answer <> @ComputerName & "4" Then Exit
EndIf

$OtherComputerName = "TestPC" ; @ComputerName & "4"
$licensedatfile = "9as897d6178dh219hdh92hdd8918d2hdh32u2k3h55kdh47" ; from file
MsgBox(0, "", _StringEncrypt(0,$licensedatfile,$OtherComputerName & "4") );gives password

it looks like the same out come to me

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

Hi! I Have A Question About your program that post in http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...mp;#entry199600

CODE

; password encrypter

; Author Valuater

$password = InputBox("Password *Set-up*", " Please *Set-up* Your Password:", "", "", 200, 120)

Else

If InputBox("Password Protected", " Please Type in Your Password:", "", "*", 200, 120) <> $password Then Exit

EndIf

What is the difference of this script? of your script that you post here I got error in this.

but this script I don't get it

CODE

#Include <String.au3>

$password = InputBox("Password *Set-up*", " Please *Set-up* Your Password:", "", "", 200, 120)

;FileWrite(@SystemDir & "\License3.dat", _StringEncrypt(1, $password, @ComputerName & "4"))

FileWrite(@SystemDir & "\License4.dat", _StringEncrypt(1, @ComputerName & "4", $password))

Else

$Input = InputBox("Password Protected", " Please Type in Your Password:", "", "*", 200, 120)

$Answer = _StringEncrypt(0, FileReadLine(@SystemDir & "\License4.dat", 1), $Input )

EndIf

$OtherComputerName = "TestPC" ; @ComputerName & "4"

$licensedatfile = "9as897d6178dh219hdh92hdd8918d2hdh32u2k3h55kdh47" ; from file

MsgBox(0, "", _StringEncrypt(0,$licensedatfile,$OtherComputerName & "4") );gives password

can you give some discription?

Edited by solid2005

I was trying to work with manadars idea, and I dont see it

#Include <String.au3>

Else
    $Input = InputBox("Password Protected", "  Please Type in Your Password:", "", "*", 200, 120)
EndIf

it looks like the same out come to me

8)

Awesome, now you actually need the original password to access the program. :)

The only thing left is that I could replace the original license.dat with my own license.dat that holds the correct computername and MY password. :)

I don't know what this script is actually supposed to do, other then just request a user password to run the script, but what I generally do for applications that require a password, is encrypt the data that is stored on the hard-drive, using a user provided password.

I have a good idea.

On first run, the password is asked for, and then written encrypted into a file named by a random string of characters in the system directory. A registry key, also encrypted, is then read and decrypted by the script, and then it points to the file with the encrypted file in it. Decrypt that file to check the password. It's pretty secure if you ask me.

I have a good idea.

No you don't.

On first run, the password is asked for, and then written encrypted into a file named by a random string of characters in the system directory.

Stupid. First, it won't work on Vista without elevated privileges; it won't work on XP as a limited user. Second, don't write shit to people's system directory. It is not a general storage area.

I'm not understanding this... None of the ways presented here are really secure. One of the only secure ways is to have a third party(such as an installer) write a one way encrypted password to either a file or the registry. Then when you call the _Password function, it'll one way encrypt the given password and compare it against the contents of the file (or registry value).

PluginOpen("MD5Hash.dll")

Func _PasswordProtect($sTryPassword)
    If (MD5Hash($sTryPassword, 2, True) == FileRead("password_file.txt")) Then Return True

Return False
EndFunc

; Should fail because that's not the password (and I'm not telling the password :D)
MsgBox(0, "", _PasswordProtect("test"))

PluginClose("Md5Hash.dll")

password_file.txt

MD5Hash.dll

Edited by cppman

No you don't.

Stupid. First, it won't work on Vista without elevated privileges; it won't work on XP as a limited user. Second, don't write shit to people's system directory. It is not a general storage area.

1/2 of the other scripts posted in this thread write to the System dir. I was just following up on their idea.