URLDownloadToFile vs inetget() vs WGET

This version also gave me error msgs in 2 languages, aber meiner wortshatz ist zu klein zu verstehen, and I am years away from my college German.  :idiot:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi :D you ned the unstable GUIConstants.au3 of autoit versions to compill it,look`s on my sig an download it from it)

hier ist der link^^ This is the link!for it.

wen he not wörks post your exat error message pls and i help to look the error :lol:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/...UIConstants.au3

Edited by DirtyBanditos

Hi :D  you ned the unstable GUIConstants.au3 of autoit versions to compill it,look`s on my sig an download it from it)

hier ist der link^^ This is the link!for it.

wen he not wörks post your exat error message pls and i help to look the error  :lol:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/...UIConstants.au3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:idiot: Sry i have testet it wis the new version of GuiConstants.au3 not wörks you must fix it or you download this version and you can compill it wis no probs i hope that help out! ;)

http://people.freenet.de/SacredBugedShop/GUIConstants.au3

Edited by DirtyBanditos

FANTASTIC. Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now, a bit of extension. Perhaps I should ask in a new thread, as this might well have been hashed before.

However, I have searched forum and HELP, and have not yet found any way to do the capture to disk in text mode rather than *.html. Yes, I can build a text-lifter in PowerBASIC, but it will be very non general purpose.

Previously I have had 3 FireFoxies open, spaced vertically, and let SnagIt-7 capture text, with no HTML code, on 15 sec timer, but that requires tying up the active window and PC.

Is there some use of WinGet functions to capture TEXT from the browser to disk that will not need to have HTML code edited out? HELP shows me

WinGetTitle ( "title" [, "text"] )

WinGetText ( "title" [, "text"] )

but I am unclear on finding window title on connection not yet opened.

Before I leave this topic, can either URLDownloadToFile or InetGet append to a file instead of opening a new one. Just curious.

Thanks for all the help, today. :idiot:

Now, a bit of extension. Perhaps I should ask in a new thread, as this might well have been hashed before.

However, I have searched forum and HELP, and have not yet found any way to do the capture to disk in text mode rather than *.html. Yes, I can build a text-lifter in PowerBASIC, but it will be very non general purpose.

Previously I have had 3 FireFoxies open, spaced vertically, and let SnagIt-7 capture text, with no HTML code, on 15 sec timer, but that requires tying up the active window and PC.

Is there some use of WinGet functions to capture TEXT from the browser to disk that will not need to have HTML code edited out? HELP shows me

WinGetTitle ( "title" [, "text"] )

WinGetText ( "title" [, "text"] )

but I am unclear on finding window title on connection not yet opened.

Before I leave this topic, can either URLDownloadToFile or InetGet append to a file instead of opening a new one. Just curious.

Thanks for all the help, today.  :idiot:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D Hm sry use Autoit Srcipwriter for this ! i use this exampel to load my.text opr pick or ohter from a server and he put it in the Order of Scriptdir for me, for reading or ohters, sry for my bad english)

Try this exampel for aktivat any )

Use the SCITE Scripwriter pls))

Opt("WinWaitDelay",100)

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",4)

Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)

Opt("MouseCoordMode",0)

WinWait("Red Bull - Nachrichtensitzung","&Senden")

If Not WinActive("Red Bull - Nachrichtensitzung","&Senden") Then WinActivate("Red Bull - Nachrichtensitzung","&Senden")

WinWaitActive("Red Bull - Nachrichtensitzung","&Senden")

TrayTip("Chat Box", "Downloading servers.txt file ...", 10)

InetGet("http://members.lycos.co.uk/eod/servers.txt", @SCRIPTDIR & "\servers.txt")

Edited by DirtyBanditos

---snip---

Thanks for all the help, today.  :idiot:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You could use the windows port of lynx and direct the output to a file.

Lynx Homepage

You could use the windows port of lynx and direct the output to a file.

Lynx Homepage

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Description at your suggested URL is interesting. The doc directed me to lynxw32.lzh (1991) [url="http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm"] for Win32. I got it, and it briefly opened a CC window, then closed. The full Feb 2004 package seems to think newbies can't do their own install on Windows-32. Can you guide me further?

thnx

-------

I found two sources for what turns out to be source code in C. How do I get an end user version, ready to go, that won't -- like the 1991 version -- choke on WinXp.?

---------

After an hour or so on Google, searching for Text browsers, I conclude that those available are for mainframe, for Mac family, are obsolete, or are brain dead. If anyone has more favorable news, plz share. I am now stuck with using Windows for other s/w, so won't consider another OS for browsing, other than a "DOS window".

Edited by thimker

Description at your suggested URL  is interesting. The doc directed me to lynxw32.lzh (1991) for Win32. I got it,  and it briefly opened a CC window, then closed. The full Feb 2004 package seems to think newbies can't do their own install on Windows-32. Can you guide me further?

thnx

--snip--

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, extract both files, lynx.cfg and lynx.exe to the same directory an run it. If it happens to start, try "lynx.exe -dump http://www.test.com >result.txt".

If lynx still does not run, maybe try running it from inside a commandprompt, hopefully it will output an error..

hth, Tys

OK, extract both files, lynx.cfg and lynx.exe to the same directory an run it. If it happens to start, try "lynx.exe -dump http://www.test.com >result.txt".

If lynx still does not run, maybe try running it from inside a commandprompt, hopefully it will output an error..

hth, Tys

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok Tys, I reinstalled, opened DOS Window in XP, ran your command, appended local directory, and got the following in "result.txt".

-------

Program too big to fit in memory

Directory of D:\PROGRA~1\Lynx32

01/02/2005 11:06 AM <DIR> .

01/02/2005 11:06 AM <DIR> ..

12/30/2001 09:16 PM 2,594 LYNX.CFG

12/30/2001 09:15 PM 595,220 LYNX.EXE

01/02/2005 11:06 AM 34 result.txt

3 File(s) 597,848 bytes

2 Dir(s) 75,902,136,320 bytes free

--------

I have 1 Gb RAM, 2Gb virtual on AMD 3000+..

As before, if I just click on lynx.exe, a CC window opens for about 1 sec, only.

Seems it is acting as a DOS program, and not using Win memory.

Can you tell me a next step?

thnx

:D Hm sry  use Autoit Srcipwriter for this ! i use this exampel  to load my.text opr pick or ohter from a server and he put it in the Order of  Scriptdir for me, for reading or ohters,  sry for my bad english)

Your bad English is better than my worse German. :idiot:

In AI ver beta, nothing seemed to happen.

I do not have SCITE (many editors already), so perhaps the example is restrictive.

Ok Tys, I reinstalled, opened DOS Window in XP, ran your command, appended local directory, and got the following in "result.txt".

-------

Program too big to fit in memory

Directory of D:\PROGRA~1\Lynx32

01/02/2005  11:06 AM    <DIR>          .

01/02/2005  11:06 AM    <DIR>          ..

12/30/2001  09:16 PM            2,594 LYNX.CFG

12/30/2001  09:15 PM          595,220 LYNX.EXE

01/02/2005  11:06 AM                34 result.txt

3 File(s)        597,848 bytes

2 Dir(s)  75,902,136,320 bytes free

--------

I have 1 Gb RAM, 2Gb virtual on AMD 3000+..

As before, if I just click on lynx.exe, a CC window opens for about 1 sec, only.

Seems it is acting as a DOS program, and not using Win memory.

Can you tell me a next step?

thnx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just to be sure we are talking about the same file, I got mine from http://mitglied.lycos.de/mirabilos/pub/lynxw32.lzh.

This is version 2.8.4rel.1-mirabilos. 'dir' gives me a size of 606.208 bytes, lynx.cfg is 6.928 bytes.

It sounds -although I can't verify it - that you installed the DOS-Version of lynx? Could be wrong though.

Are you running a MS OS above NT 4.0, or is it Win98/me etc?