Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Get Cursor Position

3 posts in this topic

Posted

G'day everyone

I'm running AutoIt scripts on a program that has an edit pane but no helpful control names etc. The program is OmegaT, by the way. I need to click with my mouse in a certain place, but the only way I can reference that place, is to say that it is 10 pixels above the cursor position. I mean, the exit box has a blinking cursor in it, and I need to find the pixel position of that cursor. As mentioned, the edit pane itself doesn't have a control name (the app OmegaT is written in Java, see).

Any ideas about how to get the cursor position? I was hoping for something along the lines of MouseGetPos, but if it aint that simple, I can improvise.

Thanks!

Samuel

Posted

Lol I can across this problem a while ago if I am understanding it correctly.

$arr1 = mousegetpos()
mouseclick($arr1[0],$arr2[1] + 10)

Like that?

Posted (edited)

G'day everyone

I'm running AutoIt scripts on a program that has an edit pane but no helpful control names etc. The program is OmegaT, by the way. I need to click with my mouse in a certain place, but the only way I can reference that place, is to say that it is 10 pixels above the cursor position. I mean, the exit box has a blinking cursor in it, and I need to find the pixel position of that cursor. As mentioned, the edit pane itself doesn't have a control name (the app OmegaT is written in Java, see).

Any ideas about how to get the cursor position? I was hoping for something along the lines of MouseGetPos, but if it aint that simple, I can improvise.

Thanks!

Samuel

WinGetCaretPos ( ) should report the coordinates of the blinking caret. However the hepl file says some applications may not report the correct value, so I guess you will just have to try it to see if it works.

Edited by Bowmore