Is this something? -- or nothing?

I've just this week started using v3.2.12.0. One of the first scripts I tried to compile got this alert from AVG. It's the first time I've had this happen. Has anyone else encountered this alert? Is there anything to it?

Just asking. Thanks.

post-29172-1211661840_thumb.png

You are the second one reporting this..

Thanks for the response.

Do you think AUTOITSC.BIN been reported to AVG by now?

And is there a workaround, since my script won't compile?

Edited by qwert

And is there a workaround?

Further investigation has revealed that AVG has a module called Resident Shield. It identifies all file extensions that are scanned. First I tried removing BIN as a scanned type. Didn't work -- still found the 'virus' in the compiled result. Same for adding the entire A3 directory from the scan, using the Manage feature.

The only remedy was to turn off the entire Resident Shield component, for the time being.

The only remedy was to turn off the entire Resident Shield component, for the time being.

That is true! But that only helps you/me right now. This is really hurting the programs I have written that are out there. They are being frozen and not operating. I can't ask everyone to "stop your virus protection"

BUT, I can ask everyone here to jump on board to email the crap out of every virus company that flags "all" autoit programs. Just go to the link in the top of this forum, as Jos said, and there are all the virus companies contact info/links to make it easy.

Please email them now, for all our sakes!

Thanks,

Valuater

8)

NEWHeader1.png