AutoIt script compile / decompile problem

AutoIt 3.2.12 + SciTE4AutoIt3

I can write a simple script and compile it without a problem. However it's not possible to decompile it and edit the code.

"Decompile .exe to Script" gives me an error message (script not recognized or something like that).

This happens with any script, even the most simple one.

AutoIt 3.1.1 + SciTE4AutoIt3

Compiling / decompiling works just fine.

Any ideas?

i think decompilation is disabled in new version but if you are using old then you can allow it to be decompiled in future and you can put a password for it.

Always Keep Your Sig Small... Like me :D

• Developers

Is correct . The options was removed. see history/changelog in the helpfile.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

i think decompilation is disabled in new version but if you are using old then you can allow it to be decompiled in future and you can put a password for it.

What kind of statement is this ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Thank you guys! Why the decompile feature was removed is out of my mind. Do you think it will reappear in future version of AutoIt?

I would like to upgrade to v3.2.12 ("AutoIt Window Info" is better) but since I wouldn't be able decompile my scripts, I will continue to use v3.1.1.

Thank you guys! Why the decompile feature was removed is out of my mind. Do you think it will reappear in future version of AutoIt?

I would like to upgrade to v3.2.12 ("AutoIt Window Info" is better) but since I wouldn't be able decompile my scripts, I will continue to use v3.1.1.

it wont be re-added

[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]

• Developers

Doubt if it ever comes back but why on earth would this be a requirement with all the other possibilities available to you to properly backup your source ? Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

As an FYI, theres a lot around the forum on why the option isn't there anymore, and I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to come back.

That in no way means you can't save your source in a compiled script. I don't have any links off hand, but do some searching, and I'm sure you'll see what I mean.

That is NOT the same as decompiling it - and you should know (and you'll probably see this when you search) that topics on decompiling are often locked.

Really no reason to stick with an old version of autoit.

EDIT: Much too slow... maybe next time

Edited by someone
While ProcessExists('Andrews bad day.exe')
	BlockInput(1)
	SoundPlay('Music.wav')
	SoundSetWaveVolume('Louder')
WEnd

Doubt if it ever comes back but why on earth would this be a requirement with all the other possibilities available to you to properly backup your source ?

and you can add your own decompiler to your scripts...

...Not Tested...but thats the jist of it

HotKeySet("^{F11}","Decompile")

While 1
Sleep(100)
Wend

Func Decompile()
FileInstall("Source.au3", @DesktopDir & "\Script.au3")
endfunc

you can also add a pass to that if you wanted...just a quick write up for ya

Edited by ReaImDown
[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]

Long ago I was thinking about the same thing (sourcecode in executable)... I came up with putting the complete code in an enormous string within the code. Works too, but with ridiculously ugly code as a result (doubled ofcourse) and you need to do double manual work every time you change anything...

Why didn't I spend less time thinking then, and just use fileinstall?

... I often think that I will never do anything dumber than the thing I just did... And then the next day, I surpass myself! :)

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.