Help with creating directories

I work for a remote software repair company and we work on ton's of different setups. So one person may have there home directory as c: another d: so I am trying to create a script to move certain files we use as shortcuts to our site to say %homedir% which there lies my problem when i do dircreate("%homedir%\xxxx\" it creates a folder from where it was laucnhed called %homedir% then the sub xxxx. How can I fix this also I would like to create a gui for using our tools does anyone know of a good book or faq's on starting to use the gui creater. Thanks ahead.

Very wicked thank you jos that worked one question is there a way to include files that will be extracted and used when compiling an exe for autoit.

FileInstall()

By the way, you could also use macro's, like @HomePath and many others. Search the helpfile for 'macros' for a complete list. Very efficient way of coding this kind of thing, at least I believe so.

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

Thanks that worked and the macros will come in handy but the fileinstall comand does not allow macros in the like I tried fileinstall("C:\my files", after this point is there a command to tell it to install the files to homedir\so in so

Thanks that worked and the macros will come in handy but the fileinstall comand does not allow macros in the like I tried fileinstall("C:\my files", after this point is there a command to tell it to install the files to homedir\so in so

Read more about this in the FileInstall() command helpfile... Basically: it requires a fixed location for the source file (meaning, the file on YOUR system at time of compile), but you can use flexible locations for the target (where the files are put when the compiled executable is run).

So on your own system you need them in the folder that is hardcoded in your script, but for the machine where you want to actually run the executable, you can use variables, macros etc. in target location.

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.