Mapping combo boxes to each other

Hello all,

I have a form that pulls information from Active Directory. I'm running AD searches on last name and then populating all of the first names and userID's that match in a separate combo boxes. What I want to do is link the First names with the UserID's. So that if I do a search on SMITH and 10 first names appear, and I choose John from the First Name drop down box, jsmith1 will populate in the userID combo box. I eventually need to link all manager info as well but I figure if I get this part down then it will be a similar process for everything else. Thanks in advance for your help!

- redfive

p.s. I can post code if need be, I just need a high level overview of how something like this would work.

Edited by redfive19

Hello all,

I have a form that pulls information from Active Directory. I'm running AD searches on last name and then populating all of the first names and userID's that match in a separate combo boxes. What I want to do is link the First names with the UserID's. So that if I do a search on SMITH and 10 first names appear, and I choose John from the First Name drop down box, jsmith1 will populate in the userID combo box. I eventually need to link all manager info as well but I figure if I get this part down then it will be a similar process for everything else. Thanks in advance for your help!

- redfive

p.s. I can post code if need be, I just need a high level overview of how something like this would work.

All you have to do is wait untill a selection is made in the surname box before populating the box for first names. You need to have some way to ensure that the surname box is selected first. I possibly don't quite understand what you're after so if this is nowhere near answering maybe a little more explanation of the problem would help.
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

All you have to do is wait untill a selection is made in the surname box before populating the box for first names. You need to have some way to ensure that the surname box is selected first. I possibly don't quite understand what you're after so if this is nowhere near answering maybe a little more explanation of the problem would help.

Well that's sort of what I'm doing. After you fill in the last name, you press the Search button. That search then populates (via an array) all of the First Names in a combo box drop down and all of the userID's matching those names in another combo box drop down. What I need to do is that when someone chooses the First Name (i.e. John) from the drop down, that the UserID field automatically switches to John's UserID and vice versa. I basically want to link First Name & UserID so that they 'move' with each other when chosen. Is this possible? Thanks!

-redfive

Well that's sort of what I'm doing. After you fill in the last name, you press the Search button. That search then populates (via an array) all of the First Names in a combo box drop down and all of the userID's matching those names in another combo box drop down. What I need to do is that when someone chooses the First Name (i.e. John) from the drop down, that the UserID field automatically switches to John's UserID and vice versa. I basically want to link First Name & UserID so that they 'move' with each other when chosen. Is this possible? Thanks!

-redfive

Would it be easier to have a list view so that the name and user id are on the same line? The headings could be 'Name' and 'ID' and clicking the heading could arrange in order of name or ID.
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.