Command based application

Hi,

We use an windows based application which is neither command prompt not fox pro but the screen looks like Dos.

That has different pages inbuilt, Eg. I hit F5/F6/F9 etc it takes into different pages/screens within application. It does not have any buttons, links,dropdowns or anyof the web based tools.

My question is : How do i find out on which page/screen currently the screen is running.

I tried to find using Autoit-Info tool, but except the screen title, nothing is extracted.

Please, Please help me How do find the screen status.

!!!AUTOIT Rocks!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^

What is the name of the application? Is it a custom in-house program?

If the info tool doesn't give you any useful info, then you're probably going to be stuck with using PixelChecksum() and/or PixelGetColor() to look for changes between the screens.

The application is a Sun-Java application, which works on windows platform.

It is not a in-house application. We use that in our company, the part of the application resembles like Dos but actually not.

The application is a Sun-Java application, which works on windows platform.

It is not a in-house application. We use that in our company, the part of the application resembles like Dos but actually not.

Not going to be simple, even the boss himself recognizes that AutoIt can't see into a java app http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42691

I've done some rudimentary monitoring of Java terminal applications by doing the PixelGetColor() thing to look for changes on the screen. But it basically requires that the window always be kept the same size so you know where to target each time.

If a user resizes their window, everything gets thrown out of wack.

If its any help I wrote a couple of automation scripts for an Insurance provider for their legacy terminal applications.

I had to find away to read the screen and in the end I had to tab to a field and send Ctrl+Shift+leftArrow to highlight what was under the cursor then Ctrl+C and read the result from the clipboard.

I have no idea if that helps with a java app, one thing ive found with Autoit, theirs almost always a way. You just might have to think sideways to do it.... Good luck

I surely agree with you dude, the only option i am left with is Pixelgetcolor. I'll make sure to design the program on this basis. I'll get back to you any help in future.