View Files In ListView

Earlier I had posted a question dealing with embedding a windows explorer object in a form.... I am starting to believe that this may be more complex than anticipated. So, Plan B. Does anyone know how I can implement a ListView to work as an artificial explorer. In other words, can I give the ListView a directory, i.g. C:\, and have it display each of the files in the ListView in a format with their corresponding icons. Also, I need to be able to click on the directories and press a button, or something, to navigate within that directory... The items in the ListView will now be displaying the files and folders inside of the selected directory.

I know this may sound really tedious, but I have been working on this for a while today and am getting somewhat frustrated. Any comments, references, or ideas are greatly appreciated. THANKS A BUNCH

Earlier I had posted a question dealing with embedding a windows explorer object in a form.... I am starting to believe that this may be more complex than anticipated. So, Plan B. Does anyone know how I can implement a ListView to work as an artificial explorer. In other words, can I give the ListView a directory, i.g. C:\, and have it display each of the files in the ListView in a format with their corresponding icons. Also, I need to be able to click on the directories and press a button, or something, to navigate within that directory... The items in the ListView will now be displaying the files and folders inside of the selected directory.

I know this may sound really tedious, but I have been working on this for a while today and am getting somewhat frustrated. Any comments, references, or ideas are greatly appreciated. THANKS A BUNCH

Crack open the help file and run the tutorials there. Learn how to create a GUI. Try out the example scripts for _FileListToArray, GuiCtrlCreateListView() and GuiCtrlCreateTreeView(). By the time you've done all that, you'll have a good idea what you need.

You'll also be able to post the code for how far you've gotten when you ask more specific questions.

:)

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law