centering text in a picture

• Moderators

how can i center my label text on my picture? my label sizes may vary so i was wondering if there was some function for it?...

probably a long shot question

Look in your help file under GUI Styles ... Search for Center :)

Edit:

I am hoping that was the simple way for you above....

However, if you're trying to center your "label to the picture", then something like:

ConrolGetPos() to get the left/top/right/bottom positions, then some simple math would help you out there.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

i seem to be having a huge amount of trouble figuring out this damn math :)

i want to position my text (label) in the center of my picture so i did half the pictures width

and then i did half of the text label and im confusing myself so bad.

can somone one help me with some logic.

my goal: centering my label in on my picture.

sorry if im too vague, ill be glad to be more detailed if needed.

For your math ...

Assuming you know the x,y pos and the width and height of the picture control and the width and height of the label ...

GUICtrlCreateLabel('This is a test label', $imageXpos+($imagewidth/2)-($Labelwidth/2), $imageYpos+($imageheight/2)-($Labelheight/2), $Labelwidth, $Labelheight)

Hopefully that makes sense, each of the values that should be assigned to the variables should be self-explanatory :)

My scripts:AppLauncherTRAY - Awesome app launcher that runs from the system tray NEW VERSION! | Run Length Encoding - VERY simple compression in pure autoit | Simple Minesweeper Game - Fun little game :)My website

As strange it may sound my label actually started on the left side of the picture instead of center.

heres what i did:

$imageXpos = 27
$imagewidth = 78
$Labelwidth = $leng[0]
$newlabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel($datalabel, $imageXpos+($imagewidth/2)-($Labelwidth/2), 455, $leng[0], 20)