API Functions Lib

Kip

In Windows, you can remove Internet Explorer from your computer, but it still leaves the ActiveX object that many applications use. If you want to completely disable it, you'll have to dig into your Windows installer.

Not sure what you ment by saying "totally disabled IE", just thought I'd straighten out that Internet Explorer and the IE object are two different things.

I meant that I, like many, have ActiveX disabled and have "uninstalled' Internet Explorer. nLite does a decent job of rendering IE defunct :-)

Hi!

I, like many, have ActiveX disabled

Sorry, IMO, very few persons have ActiveX disabled. Since several years, ActiveX has no longer security problem. But few people still believe the old rumours.

And also, disabling ActiveX does the Internet, no Windows (or Word, Excel, Wscript, Autoit, ...)

"uninstalled' Internet Explorer. nLite does a decent job of rendering IE defunct :-)

After your "uninstall", try if HTA's scripts still run... Idem with Html-helps...

I meant that I, like many, have ActiveX disabled and have "uninstalled' Internet Explorer. nLite does a decent job of rendering IE defunct :-)

Ok, you did as I once did. :)

I also removed that IE object from Windows using nLite, but found it destroyed so many things. Reinstalled windows later, because I had some others problems too. (Microsoft Office, Adobe products)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this Kip!

great idea for a script :)

I had to add an _IEErrorHandlerRegister() error handler or the script crashes

if Previous or Next buttons are clicked.

_IECreateEmbedded

Example 1 - Trap COM errors so that 'Back' and 'Forward'

outside of history bounds does not abort

I see fascists...