possible addition to FAQ?

Hi,

I am NOT asking how to decompile one of my scripts, so don't shoot. Yesterday, I discovered I wanted to edit a script that I'm using, and that I had deleted the source. I knew that I used to be able to do so. I found out, emphatically, through a lot of searching on the forums, that this kind of thing is frowned upon. So I'll re-code my script.

I do think it would be useful, though, to add a mention in one of the "read this first" stickies that says that decompiling is gone forever, and maybe links to some of the discussions of why that is. I'm really not an evil-doer, and I came to the forum to ask what I thought would be a legitimate question. It seems like it comes up all the time, which makes it a candidate for an FAQ, I think.

Thanks!

"The illiterate of the 21st Century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." -- Alvin Toffler

• Moderators

Hi,

I am NOT asking how to decompile one of my scripts, so don't shoot. Yesterday, I discovered I wanted to edit a script that I'm using, and that I had deleted the source. I knew that I used to be able to do so. I found out, emphatically, through a lot of searching on the forums, that this kind of thing is frowned upon. So I'll re-code my script.

I do think it would be useful, though, to add a mention in one of the "read this first" stickies that says that decompiling is gone forever, and maybe links to some of the discussions of why that is. I'm really not an evil-doer, and I came to the forum to ask what I thought would be a legitimate question. It seems like it comes up all the time, which makes it a candidate for an FAQ, I think.

Thanks!

"The illiterate of the 21st Century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." -- Alvin Toffler

If you can prove it's your code (by stating specifics in it), then you can PM the exe in a zip to Jon or Jos with an explanation, and code specifics... they've been known to be generous in this situation as long as you can prove it's yours.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.