i want to learn autoit script

i got some information about autoit script from my friend.

i have downloaded the beta version of autoit and have read the help file.

now please tell that how can i start learning it and which way is fast to learn such a great language.

because i am new therefore i have some newbie questions.

where can i read forum rules?

is it right that i have to pay in this forum in order to get help?

is autoit script safe from decoding?

how can i get extra tools needed for autoit?

sorry for my spelling mistakes. its due to be fast !!!

now please tell that how can i start learning it and which way is fast to learn such a great language.

How to learn - just start playing with it...... think of something you do everyday and automate it

where can i read forum rules? - don't know, never searched for them.....everyone on here seems nice so i guess try to be nice :)

is it right that i have to pay in this forum in order to get help? - no payment is need to get help on here

is autoit script safe from decoding? - yes .. if used right

how can i get extra tools needed for autoit? - search forums

1. I don't know where the forum rules are...

2. No. The forum and the program are free of charge.

3. Not really. The scripts can be decoded with programs.

4, Look around the forum :)

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21048

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37739

no, but if you want someone to make a full script for you you might have to pay but if you are stuck with a problem you are more then welcome to post a question :)

no, autoit isn't safe if you are going to save password etc.

you will already have most tools if you downloaded the latest version but ofc you might find some UDF good to have in your scripts.

Welcome to the community! The best tool available to you is the help file and this forum. I've written a book (link in my sig) if you are interested. I'll be writing a second edition soon with a bit more useful goodness included.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37739

Not generally. Many people will help for free if you are willing to help yourself. :)

You can no longer decompile scripts, and there is a code obfuscator available. However, AutoIt scripts are still easily distinguishable and therefore susceptible to decoding.

There are a lot of user defined functions available, most of which are in the Example Scripts forum.
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt

i have downloaded the beta version of autoit...

The latest Beta as of today is OLDER than the current production version 3.2.12.0. Work with the current version to start out with.

...have read the help file. now please tell that how can i start learning it and which way is fast to learn such a great language.

Reading the help file is a good start. Note the tutorials and example scripts for most functions. Play with them, you'll learn a lot.

Whenever you are coding, keep the help file open for easy reference. It is also your complete command reference.

This is a good place to start.

No. But we are not here to create scripts for you. Rather, to help you do it yourself. If you want somebody to write it for you, go to Rent-A-Coder in my sig.

No. Passwords should not be hard-coded into scripts unless they don't really protect much.

You certainly want to use SciTE (SciTE4AutoIt3.exe) for your editor with AutoIt. All the work has already been done to provide context-sensitive help and great tools like Tidy, the Syntax Checker, and the Compiler in a single GUI. You can do all your AutoIt work in Notepad... but I wouldn't!

Welcome to AutoIt. Now, get to work on those tutorials in the help file!

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law