Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tom13

recording sound using a dll

9 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I'm trying to record all sounds that are active (eg. if you play a youtube movie it'd record the sound of that movie, or if you'd play a game it'd record the sound of the game - basically everything that comes out of your speakers).

I've found some pretty tough vb.net tutorial here: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/Enum_Recording_Devices.aspx

However, I am not experienced with vb.net nor with AutoIT's DllCalls - and after a few failing attempts I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this.

The recorded file needs to be saved in a sound format like .wave

Best regards.

Edited by tom13

lol that for vb.net m8 :)

lol that for vb.net m8 :)

Fixed! Anyone know how to work with those DLL though? Or maybe there's a freeware command prompt sound recording program (no gui)?

Guess noone achieved this before then?

Guess noone achieved this before then?

When I want to find something in the search feature of the forum, I typically look at variable constants they (others that coded it in other languages) use, most of us when converting something, try to keep ours conforming to others.

I searched for: MIXERCONTROL

And this is what it returned: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...%2BMIXERCONTROL

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

When I want to find something in the search feature of the forum, I typically look at variable constants they (others that coded it in other languages) use, most of us when converting something, try to keep ours conforming to others.

I searched for: MIXERCONTROL

And this is what it returned: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...%2BMIXERCONTROL

That sure is informative but i'm pretty sure that he's not recording anything.. looking into the code.

That sure is informative but i'm pretty sure that he's not recording anything.. looking into the code.

Well it should definately be a start for you to get started ???

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Well it should definately be a start for you to get started ???

I'm trying.... :)

Not much luck though..