*complete* newbie issue with notepad tutorial (vista issue?)

Hi all

I am completely newt o autoit and i have just done the tutorials, however, i cannot get the notepad script to work.

It gets as far as bringing up the save dialogue box and then doesnt do anything.

I have copied and pasted the script straight from the tutorial incase I made a typo, but it still doesnt work.

The "save" button is still the active/highlighted button and it just sits there waiting for my input.

Could this be because I am using Vista (Home premium)? I assume it isnt, as I thought that would have been documented, but I cant think of anything else.

any suggestions? Is there another way to activate a button other than then Send command?

thanks in advance

npad.au3

The script works fine with me, it open notepad, send string an close without save (you send !n for NO)

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

Hi all

I am completely newt o autoit and i have just done the tutorials, however, i cannot get the notepad script to work.

It gets as far as bringing up the save dialogue box and then doesnt do anything.

I have copied and pasted the script straight from the tutorial incase I made a typo, but it still doesnt work.

The "save" button is still the active/highlighted button and it just sits there waiting for my input.

Could this be because I am using Vista (Home premium)? I assume it isnt, as I thought that would have been documented, but I cant think of anything else.

any suggestions? Is there another way to activate a button other than then Send command?

thanks in advance

Welcome to the AutoIt forums lloslim :)

My guess is that the WinWaitActive returns before the window is finished being drawn so try adding Sleep(300) before the final Send.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Welcome to the AutoIt forums lloslim :)

My guess is that the WinWaitActive returns before the window is finished being drawn so try adding Sleep(300) before the final Send.

hi, thanks for the warm welcome :)

Unfortunately, I tried adding the sleep timer and it didnt work. I also tried adding it before the "Winwaitactive" and it still didnt work.

This seems peculiar to me.

Run("notepad.exe")
WinWaitActive("Untitled - Notepad")
Send("This is some text.")
WinClose("Untitled - Notepad")
Sleep(300)
WinWaitActive("Notepad", "Do you want to save")
Send("!n")