Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yraen

Any way to stop redraw of entire tab?

3 posts in this topic

So I got the bright idea of taking three tabs and combining them into one tab, to reduce the number of tabs on my gui. These three tabs have a total of four "parts", but the user only uses the parts one at a time based on the selection in the treeview. My idea was simple, hide the three parts not being used at that moment, changing parts hidden and shown based on the choice the user made in the treeview. The problem is, there are so many parts that you can watch the groups, combos, checkboxes, inputs, etc disappear and appear instead of being a smooth transition.

Is there a _beginupdate/_endupdate function that I could use to cover the entire tab or even gui? I've tried several things, even trying my own _SendMessage (might be wrong on the name here, don't have the editor open to check), but nothing worked right. Just need a little help getting pointed in the right direction.

You might be better of to go back to the tabs but with a different approach. Tabs on tabs. See

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Just adding this so that it can be found when looking for the answer

see GUISetState(@SW_LOCK) and GUISetState(@SW_UNLOCK) to stop/start form repainting.

took me forever to figure it out!!!