Run on startup

• Developers

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RUN", "MyProgram","REG_SZ", "C:\Directory\program.exe")

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

The last parameter is the directory of the script?

sure

mmm.. not so sure.

The last parameter is the fully qualified path and program name to be ran at startup but I would have thought the example is pretty clear. :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

These type of querstions could be answered without asking.

Just test it yourself by using a MSGBOX() to display the result.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

You can find a lot of information by looking at the Online Documentation

You can find exactly what you are looking for here RegWrite

By using the information that you have gotten in the replies and the Help files you should have no problems with the startup.

Jos gave a prime example as is.

Edited by DVHRLD
AutoViewer first public AutoIt script

• 3 weeks later...

Hello !

I have a scrpt and It don't run at startup. I don't know why ! My script using function Inetget().

It's really hard to know why something does not work unless we can see some code.

Inetget() downloads a file from the net. It is the file that you are trying to run @ startup? And if so is an exe or a zip? Is the path to the downloaded file correct when you try to run it? Most of the questions you are going to be asked could easily be answered if we could see the code.

Also.. you should really start your own thread instead of adding to an old one.

Kerros

Kerros===============================================================How to learn scripting: Figure out enough to be dangerous, then ask for assistance.