Tokenized Compilation insecure?

KJohn

I thought that once the tokenized compilation scheme was introduced our scripts would be slightly more secure. I was under the false impression that it would (at least) be harder for others to decompile scripts now. It's pretty annoying to find that within 2 minutes (searching, downloading and running), a script that took years to write (literally) could be fully decompiled into a recompilable form.

Is there any plan in the works for an even more secure system?

Of course not. In fact, the next step is to add a way for people to easily view your script without putting any effort at all into it.

That is of course sarcasm. Really, did you need to create a topic on this subject for the 500th time? Locking yet another pointless topic on the same subject.

• Administrators

I thought that once the tokenized compilation scheme was introduced our scripts would be slightly more secure. I was under the false impression that it would (at least) be harder for others to decompile scripts now. It's pretty annoying to find that within 2 minutes (searching, downloading and running), a script that took years to write (literally) could be fully decompiled into a recompilable form.

Is there any plan in the works for an even more secure system?

People need to understand that unless we make a compiled script ask for a password every time it is executed then someone can create a decompiler.