Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TSO

Combo Box output to variable?

3 posts in this topic

This is my first time doing anything with a combobox and I'm a total noob. What I'm looking to do, is to have an item chosen from a combo box dropdown, then when $button1 is clicked, the result is that the text chosen in the combo box is written to a registry key...

For example, say "DCO" is a choice on my combobox.. I want to script it so that when I click $button1, it performs the following:

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion", "RegisteredOrganization", "REG_SZ", "DCO")

I can't seem to find the syntax for getting this done, nor am I sure how to approach it really.. I figured I'd need to define a variable for GUICtrlRead($Combo1) or something, but can't finger it out...

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Like so?

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion", "RegisteredOrganization", "REG_SZ", GUICtrlRead($Combo1))
Edited by AdmiralAlkex

Like so?

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion", "RegisteredOrganization", "REG_SZ", GUICtrlRead($Combo1))
Oooooooh... man I knew it was going to be so painfully easy that I'd bitchslap myself for not being able to figure it out. Thanks mang :)