wgetGUI v0.5.5 b

rasim

Fixed. Try again :o

Thanks, but fixing was worked just for source :). When I compile the source code, I receive an error that say program need wget.exe, but the link of wget.exe is broken at yet.

Edited by Morteza

Nice tool. It fails however to download. Here are two test links that only dispay 'getting info' and no download occurs.

http://files1.majorgeeks.com/files/05c09437e3f4568b28e8fa7e2d64cc48/drivertools/DML.exe=
http://files1.majorgeeks.com/files/05c09437e3f4568b28e8fa7e2d64cc48/drives/fcleaner.exe=

I do like the clipboard popup, but maybe you shoud include a toggle for that. Throw in a command line option of some kind, so that when not using the clipboard monitor, you would still have the option of 'sending' a link to the app with a context menu. That would be handy.

Have you thought about parsing a wget log file, and importing it into your gui? This way, you could have compatability with existing downlaods. I have a partial script that parses this if you want it.

How about porting this out to html? Like, make an html page that could be loaded by a browser. Opera has a download manager, this could give those who might want a different one for instance. Not that it has to be interactive, but that an html page can be built by it, and then a browser can open it and view downloads and progress.

Any ideas why it does not downlaod properly? I have no proxy and firewall turned off. wget is in scriptdir, using version you linked.

Great work btw.

Sul.

Hmm. No, it definately does not work for me. I know how to use wget to a degree. I download your compiled exe, used the version of wget from the link above. Unzip app, runapp, choose download folder, copy the download link of the wget above (already downlaoded it, know it is valid), add to wget que, click start, shows in listview 'getting info', nothing else. No firewall or other such app is running to restrict it. Will play with it some tommorrow.

Are there any dependencies not noted, services or somthing?

Sul.

• 4 weeks later...

Am I missing something or has the script gone for a walk once it reached release status?

(@rasim: no offence meant, a little humour doesn't hurt).

I have used wget before from the command prompt and never had it in me to make a gui for it.

I'd much appreciate it if someone could point me to the link to the au3 script. Otherwise, sounds exactly what I need. Thx for posting.

Regards,

IVAN

Edited by ivan

• 1 month later...

@Rasim

You have some very nice code, for certain. However, for some reason I just cannot get your script to work at all, on 5 different machines. Niether the compiled verion nor compiling it myself. I have tried 3 different versions of wget, along with including the 2 .dlls it uses in both the script dir and system path. There are many areas that foul it up. The first is the network connection. A return value for modem and proxy was not returned so I had to just tell it to exit loop, as I am not sure what I would have put for a proper return value, but it was niether that you used. The main place that it seemed to hang on was the fetching of the file size. I tried run/runwait and disabled a few items. It was as if it would not connect correctly to the host site to find the file. Broken link was returning over and over. I copied the run command that gets the url file size to another script, and it works every time. I don't understand it at all.

I found a different version of a wget Gui here

wgetWgui

You might like it, or others. I am really disappointed that your superb script fails on my machines. I was looking forward to using it. In the end, I could not justify devoting that much time to figuring out why when a good replacement was available. Thanks for sharing, I definately have learned many new methods to employ thanks to it.

Sul.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...