TCP UDF, Event driven!

Kip

Does this UDF work with AutoIT v. 3.3.0.0? From the first post I made TCP.au3, server.au3, and client.au3. I launch server.au3, wait a few seconds, then launch client.au3, but it always says "CLIENT: Could not connect. Are you sure the server is running?". I tried changing the port from 88 to some other numbers (same in both scripts) and setting the ipadress to 127.0.0.1.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Does this UDF work with AutoIT v. 3.3.0.0? From the first post I made TCP.au3, server.au3, and client.au3. I launch server.au3, wait a few seconds, then launch client.au3, but it always says "CLIENT: Could not connect. Are you sure the server is running?". I tried changing the port from 88 to some other numbers (same in both scripts) and setting the ipadress to 127.0.0.1.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Yes, that UDF works with AutoIT 3.3.0.0

Known problems:

1. dosn't work that algorithm on client: connect to stoped server->get connected when server starts(works only with periodical _ASockConnect call)->disconnect when server stops (works)->connect to started server(dosnot work).

2. client and server examples on the first post dosnot work at all!

server_example.au3

CODE
#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n

#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#include "TCP.au3"

ToolTip("SERVER: Creating server...", 10, 30)

Global $hListenSock = _TCP_Server_Create(88); A server. Tadaa!

_TCP_RegisterEvent($hListenSock, $TCP_NEWCLIENT, "NewClient"); Whooooo! Now, this function (NewClient) get's called when a new client connects to the server.

_TCP_RegisterEvent($hListenSock, $TCP_DISCONNECT, "Disconnect"); And this,... this will get called when a client disconnects.

_TCP_RegisterEvent($hListenSock, $TCP_RECEIVE, "Received");

While 1

Sleep(1000)

WEnd

Func NewClient($hSocket, $iError); Yo, check this out! It's a $iError parameter! (In case you didn't noticed: It's in every function)

ToolTip("SERVER: New client connected." & @CRLF & "Sending this: Bleh!", 10, 30)

_TCP_Send($hSocket, "Bleh!"); Sending: "Bleh!" to the new client.

EndFunc ;==>NewClient

Func Disconnect($hSocket, $iError); Damn, we lost a client. Time of death: @Hour & @Min & @Sec :)

ToolTip("SERVER: Client disconnected.", 10, 30); Placing a tooltip right under the tooltips of the client.

EndFunc ;==>Disconnect

Func Received($hSocket, $sData, $iError)

ToolTip("SERVER: Client "&$hSocket&" said." & @CRLF & $sData, 10, 30)

_TCP_Send($hSocket, $sData);

EndFunc ;==>Received

client_example.au3

CODE
#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n

#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#include "TCP.au3"

ToolTip("CLIENT: Connecting...", 10, 10)

Global $hClientSoc = _TCP_Client_Create(@IPAddress1, 88); Create the client. Which will connect to the local ip address on port 88

_TCP_RegisterEvent($hClientSoc, $TCP_RECEIVE, "Received"); Function "Received" will get called when something is received

_TCP_RegisterEvent($hClientSoc, $TCP_CONNECT, "Connected"); And func "Connected" will get called when the client is connected.

_TCP_RegisterEvent($hClientSoc, $TCP_DISCONNECT, "Disconnected"); And "Disconnected" will get called when the server disconnects us, or when the connection is lost.

While 1

; just to keep the program running

Sleep(1000)

WEnd

Func Connected($hSocket, $iError); We registered this (you see?), When we're connected (or not) this function will be called.

If Not $iError Then; If there is no error...

ToolTip("CLIENT: Connected!", 10, 10); ... we're connected.

Else; ,else...

ToolTip("CLIENT: Could not connect. Are you sure the server is running?", 10, 10); ... we aren't.

EndIf

EndFunc ;==>Connected

Func Received($hSocket, $sData, $iError); And we also registered this! Our homemade do-it-yourself function gets called when something is received.

ToolTip("CLIENT: We received this: " & $sData, 10, 10); (and we'll display it)

EndFunc ;==>Received

Func Disconnected($hSocket, $iError); Our disconnect function. Notice that all functions should have an $iError parameter.

ToolTip("CLIENT: Connection closed or lost.", 10, 10)

EndFunc ;==>Disconnected

The OP has an error in the client code; the port and IP address are swopped around...

This

CODE
$hClient = _TCP_Client_Create(88, @IPAddress1); Create the client. Which will connect to the local ip address on port 88

should be

CODE
$hClient = _TCP_Client_Create(@IPAddress1, 88); Create the client. Which will connect to the local ip address on port 88

fix that and it will work

@Kip

The latest UDF uploaded has lots of errors coming up

C:\_\Apps\AutoIT3\UDF's\TCP\AsyncSocket\TCP.au3(170,6) : ERROR: syntax error
    For UBound
    ~~~~^
C:\_\Apps\AutoIT3\UDF's\TCP\AsyncSocket\TCP.au3(68,29) : ERROR: _ASocket(): undefined function.
    $hListenSocket = _ASocket( )
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\_\Apps\AutoIT3\UDF's\TCP\AsyncSocket\TCP.au3(71,65) : ERROR: _ASockSelect(): undefined function.
    _ASockSelect( $hListenSocket, $__TCP_WINDOW, 0x0400, $FD_ACCEPT)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\_\Apps\AutoIT3\UDF's\TCP\AsyncSocket\TCP.au3(75,45) : ERROR: _ASockListen(): undefined function.
    _ASockListen( $hListenSocket, $sIP, $iPort )
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\_\Apps\AutoIT3\UDF's\TCP\AsyncSocket\TCP.au3(88,35) : ERROR: _HiWord(): undefined function.
    Local $iError = _HiWord( $LParam )
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\_\Apps\AutoIT3\UDF's\TCP\AsyncSocket\TCP.au3(89,35) : ERROR: _LoWord(): undefined function.
    Local $iEvent = _LoWord( $LParam )
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\_\Apps\AutoIT3\UDF's\TCP\AsyncSocket\TCP.au3(104,71) : ERROR: __TCP_Server_OnSocketEvent(): undefined function.
                GUIRegisterMsg(0x0400 + $uBound - 1, "__TCP_Server_OnSocketEvent" )
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\_\Apps\AutoIT3\UDF's\TCP\AsyncSocket\TCP.au3(143,46) : ERROR: _ASockShutdown(): undefined function.
        _ASockShutdown($__TCP_SOCKETS[$iElement][0])
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\_\Apps\AutoIT3\UDF's\TCP\AsyncSocket\TCP.au3(146,43) : ERROR: ___ArrayDelete(): undefined function.
        ___ArrayDelete($__TCP_SOCKETS, $iElement)
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\_\Apps\AutoIT3\UDF's\TCP\AsyncSocket\TCP.au3 - 9 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Can someone upload a good working version

thanks

ptrex

I used examples from the 1-st post and fixed them working with tcp.au3 from the 1-st post.

As for error in TCP.au3: I suppose that errors are still present even in a last (fixed) post...

At least of 3 days i'm trying to make tcp windows service (tcp.au3 + service.au3). It is working :)

The main problem I've got with this: many-many errors in udfs, even in standart au3.3.0.0!

While applying tcp.au3 to my tcp service project i've found no func like _tcp_shutdown().

We have thise funcs:

_TCP_Server_Stop() - stops server socket $__TCP_SOCKETS[0][0]

and two identical funcs, that closes socket by handle

_TCP_Server_DisconnectClient($hSocket)

_TCP_Client_Stop($hSocket)

Its not a good idea to stop tcp.au3 based project with not all sockets closed!

I suggest:

1. to fix it with func _tcp_shutdown(), which closes all opened sockets and maybe makes tcpshutdown()

2. combine _TCP_Server_DisconnectClient($hSocket) and _TCP_Client_Stop($hSocket) in one like _TCP_Disconnect($hSocket)

There are no any init func. Its a bad idea too... I used 2 days to understand why my service dosnot stop correctly.

Than, why there are too many undeclared variables in code?

I suggest to make something like _tcp_startup(ByRef $whdlGui, $tcpstartup = 1) func to initialize that very usefull socket udf.

Am i right?

Thanx a lot to @Kip and all of U

i have a question.... i want tht my client try to connect until my server is online.... but it didn't work....

this is my try script:

Client:

#include "TCP.au3"

Global $hClient=""
    TryConn()

Func TryConn()
    ToolTip("CLIENT: Connecting...",10,10)
    $hClient = _TCP_Client_Create(@IPAddress1, 88); Create the client. Which will connect to the local ip address on port 88
    EndFunc

_TCP_RegisterEvent($hClient, $TCP_RECEIVE, "Received"); Function "Received" will get called when something is received
    _TCP_RegisterEvent($hClient, $TCP_CONNECT, "Connected"); And func "Connected" will get called when the client is connected.
    _TCP_RegisterEvent($hClient, $TCP_DISCONNECT, "Disconnected"); And "Disconnected" will get called when the server disconnects us, or when the connection is lost.

While 1
; just to keep the program running
    WEnd

Func Connected($hSocket, $iError); We registered this (you see?), When we're connected (or not) this function will be called.

If not $iError Then; If there is no error...
            ToolTip("CLIENT: Connected!",10,10); ... we're connected.
        Else; ,else...
            ToolTip("CLIENT: Could not connect. Are you sure the server is running?",10,10); ... we aren't.
    ;Changed HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sleep (500)
    TryConn()
        EndIf

EndFunc

Func Received($hSocket, $sReceived, $iError); And we also registered this! Our homemade do-it-yourself function gets called when something is received.
        ToolTip("CLIENT: We received this: "& $sReceived, 10,10); (and we'll display it)
    EndFunc

Func Disconnected($hSocket, $iError); Our disconnect function. Notice that all functions should have an $iError parameter.
        ToolTip("CLIENT: Connection closed or lost.", 10,10)
    EndFunc

what's wrong?!?!?!?

Edited by IvanDream

i have a question.... i want tht my client try to connect until my server is online.... but it didn't work....

this is my try script:

Your test script is nothing more than an example script. Please, take an a working example and try.

Take a look on your script and check:

- U have no sleep delay in your while loop.

- U have to place your tryconn() func in the different place - its stops executing client after tryconn() - is that what u supposed to?

yes my scrips is the example with a modification....

i want tht my client try to connect to the server and if fail after some time retry to connect but it didn't work

I see. Try this:

CODE
#include "TCP.au3"

#Include <Timers.au3>

Global $tmrConnect = 0

Global $hClientSoc = _TCP_Client_Create(@IPAddress1, 88); Create the client. Which will connect to the local ip address on port 88

_TCP_RegisterEvent($hClientSoc, $TCP_RECEIVE, "Received"); Function "Received" will get called when something is received

_TCP_RegisterEvent($hClientSoc, $TCP_CONNECT, "Connected"); And func "Connected" will get called when the client is connected.

_TCP_RegisterEvent($hClientSoc, $TCP_DISCONNECT, "Disconnected"); And "Disconnected" will get called when the server disconnects us, or when the connection is lost.

While 1

Sleep (1000); just to keep the program running

WEnd

Exit

Func TryToConnect($hWnd, $Msg, $iIDTimer, $dwTime)

_ASockConnect($hClientSoc, @IPAddress1, 88)

EndFunc

Func SetTimerConnect()

If Not $tmrConnect Then $tmrConnect = _Timer_SetTimer($__TCP_WINDOW,5000,"TryToConnect")

EndFunc

Func StopTimerConnect()

If $tmrConnect Then

_Timer_KillTimer($__TCP_WINDOW, $tmrConnect)

$tmrConnect=0

EndIf

EndFunc

Else; ,else...

ToolTip("CLIENT: Could not connect. Are you sure the server is running?",10,10); ... we aren't.

;~ sleep (500)

;~ TryConn()

SetTimerConnect()

EndIf

EndFunc

Func Received($hSocket, $sReceived, $iError); And we also registered this! Our homemade do-it-yourself function gets called when something is received.

ToolTip("CLIENT: We received this: "& $sReceived, 10,10); (and we'll display it)

EndFunc

EndFunc

I see. Try this:

CODE
#include "TCP.au3"

#Include <Timers.au3>

Global $tmrConnect = 0

While 1

Sleep (1000); just to keep the program running

WEnd

Exit

Func TryToConnect($hWnd, $Msg, $iIDTimer, $dwTime)

_ASockConnect($hClientSoc, @IPAddress1, 88)

EndFunc

Func SetTimerConnect()

If Not $tmrConnect Then $tmrConnect = _Timer_SetTimer($__TCP_WINDOW,5000,"TryToConnect")

EndFunc

Func StopTimerConnect()

If $tmrConnect Then

_Timer_KillTimer($__TCP_WINDOW, $tmrConnect)

$tmrConnect=0

EndIf

EndFunc

Else; ,else...

;~ sleep (500)

;~ TryConn()

SetTimerConnect()

EndIf

EndFunc

EndFunc

EndFunc

ok thx i understand now :)

Downloaded and have been playing with it for a while. Works great for me!

Thanks very much, saves me having to learn some stuff. :)

Funny how I have an online FPS now... which you cant even shoot on yet. :lmao:

Thanks very much.

Still learning...I love autoit. :)