Age of Conan - Keystroke to Inactive Window

Alright well we are getting there. Im not an autoit guru myself but i am willing to help with the knowledge i know whether it works right away or not that is a different story. If it is working when active and it is set for the opposite try this =P.

HotKeySet("{F9}", "start")
HotKeySet("{F10}", "stop")
AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
While 1
   Sleep(1000)
WEnd

Func start()
   Global $Show = 0
   Global $handle = WinGetHandle("classname=Conan")
   WinSetState($handle, "", @SW_SHOW)
   WinSetState($handle, "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)
   If @error Then
      MsgBox(0, "error", "couldnt find AoC")
   Else
      While 1
        ControlSend($handle, "", "", "c")
            Sleep(300)            ;===========> or the spell cast speed
         If $Show > 0 Then ExitLoop
      WEnd
   EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>hide

Func stop()
   Global $Show = 1
   WinSetState("Age of Conan", "", @SW_SHOW)
   WinSetState("Age of Conan", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
   WinActivate($handle, "")
EndFunc   ;==>show

This should hopefully work now. It will set AoC to be shown to start, and you will have to manually minimize it, however once you do so it should continue casting the assigned spell until you press "F10" which now "Pauses" the script AND re-maximizes it as the active window so that you can just press F9 again to start over casting, or right click the Autoit icon on your tray to exit.

...will never learn all there is to know about autoit, no worries...i came to the forums :)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright well we are getting there. Im not an autoit guru myself but i am willing to help with the knowledge i know whether it works right away or not that is a different story. If it is working when active and it is set for the opposite try this =P.

HotKeySet("{F9}", "start")
HotKeySet("{F10}", "stop")
AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
While 1
   Sleep(1000)
WEnd

Func start()
   Global $Show = 0
   Global $handle = WinGetHandle("classname=Conan")
   WinSetState($handle, "", @SW_SHOW)
   WinSetState($handle, "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)
   If @error Then
      MsgBox(0, "error", "couldnt find AoC")
   Else
      While 1
        ControlSend($handle, "", "", "c")
            Sleep(300)            ;===========> or the spell cast speed
         If $Show > 0 Then ExitLoop
      WEnd
   EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>hide

Func stop()
   Global $Show = 1
   WinSetState("Age of Conan", "", @SW_SHOW)
   WinSetState("Age of Conan", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
   WinActivate($handle, "")
EndFunc   ;==>show

This should hopefully work now. It will set AoC to be shown to start, and you will have to manually minimize it, however once you do so it should continue casting the assigned spell until you press "F10" which now "Pauses" the script AND re-maximizes it as the active window so that you can just press F9 again to start over casting, or right click the Autoit icon on your tray to exit.

That does about the same thing except doesn't automatically minimize. It will cast while the window is active, but if I alt tab to another window or minimize AoC, it won't cast. But if I keep the script running and alt tab back over to Age of Conan, once the loop comes back around it'll start casting again.

Yeah you don't want to get into memory writing, You will undoubtedly get banned from the game. It does indeed sound like there is some protection against this, as i have tested this code inside of World of Warcraft and i works flawlessly.

...will never learn all there is to know about autoit, no worries...i came to the forums :)

In the past for me on most 3d games its not really that it has protection it just doesn't work cause of the way controlsend works and i have not found a way around this yet.

[quote name='PsaltyDS' post='635433' date='Jan 27 2009, 07:04 AM']Larry is a mass murderer?! It's always the quiet, clean cut, bald guys... [/quote]

Are you positive it isn't casting while it is minimized? What is your method of testing this?

Well when my spell has been cast, it greys out and has a recast timer that counts down. When I alt + tabbed over to another program, I didn't have it full screen so I could still see AoC running in the background. I also tried minimizing AoC and then would maximize it back up and my spell timer wasn't counting down or active.

well imo it looks like AOC has some protection against this, you might be able to spoof the window being maximized while its minimized through memory writing... but thats a whole other subject

Yeah you don't want to get into memory writing, You will undoubtedly get banned from the game. It does indeed sound like there is some protection against this, as i have tested this code inside of World of Warcraft and i works flawlessly.

According to some AoC forums I've read, AoC currently has no exploit/bot/macro protection.

What is the other program that you are tabbing to? I don't think this could affect it but it is possible. Try closing everything except AoC and the autoclicker, start it, and minimize it stearing at your desktop and see if this makes ANY difference.

You could always run the game in a virtual machine to bypass the protection and then you can use Control...()/Pixel...() or whatever, but with a game with such hefty requirements as Age of Conan it would probably be slower than a glued snail... But you could always try :)

What is the other program that you are tabbing to? I don't think this could affect it but it is possible. Try closing everything except AoC and the autoclicker, start it, and minimize it stearing at your desktop and see if this makes ANY difference.

Anything. Firefox, AutoIt editor, Ventrilo. I closed out of everything but Age of Conan and the script's exe and the spell would stop being cast when I clicked on the Start button or minimized.

Edited by KaJe

I'm not sure then, i wish there was more i could do to help but i have looked over this code and it SHOULD work fine. Maybe someone else will have more insight on a different way to send "c" to the inactive AoC.

I'm not sure then, i wish there was more i could do to help but i have looked over this code and it SHOULD work fine. Maybe someone else will have more insight on a different way to send "c" to the inactive AoC.

Just a thought. . . It may be extremely annoying but a possible solution. You could have AOC windowed and off to the side so it barely shows.

Then do a loop where you

winactivate($handle)

winsetstate($handle,"",@RESTORE)

Send("c")

winsetstate($handle,"",@MINIMIZE)

This is pretty crude but may serve your purpose. This way the window flashes up in the corner ever whatever seconds then re minimizes after the c has been sent.

Edited by xshark

Haha this would probably work but would just about defeat the purpose and would be extremely annoying, you would be typing in Firefox and then mid-sentence the window would become inactive and you would stop typing while the spell cast or w.e.

Yeah especially when the spell is cast every 20 secs.

Yeah. . . that would be bad. But it beats having to do it your self.

Was thinking maybe the cast time was up in the minute range.

And this would work ok if you are normally just ready, watching, or listening to things on the internet.

On a side note. . . What are you doing in AOC that would require you to just cast ever 20 seconds? Are you just sitting at a mob spawn killing shit?

Yeah. . . that would be bad. But it beats having to do it your self.

Was thinking maybe the cast time was up in the minute range.

And this would work ok if you are normally just ready, watching, or listening to things on the internet.

On a side note. . . What are you doing in AOC that would require you to just cast ever 20 seconds? Are you just sitting at a mob spawn killing shit?

Yeah that's what I've been doing using ACTools before I heard about AutoIt. It'd cast the spell then I'd alt+tab over to Firefox and watch the countdown on the spell then alt+tab right before I cast it again and repeat.

Farming a raid boss. Takes a couple of us like 30-50 minutes to kill and all I do is just keep casting an AoE spell over and over.

Edited by KaJe