Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mpcluever

How to see where it got hung up?

5 posts in this topic

I did some scripting with Autohotkey (yes I know...boo hiss) and the thing I liked was you could see where it got hung up waiting for something to happen. Is that possible with Autoit?

One way I do it is to create a status field in my window, and update that status field as the program cycles through its various activities. Another is to put a MsgBox in your code. If it pops up, you know you got at least that far.

Hope that helps!

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Debug_Mode=Y

Will display in the console where you are at in the script.

Kerros===============================================================How to learn scripting: Figure out enough to be dangerous, then ask for assistance.

Great little feature in the SciTE editor: Tools->Trace: Add Trace Lines. This will display each line as it is executed in the console window of SciTE.

One way I do it is to create a status field in my window, and update that status field as the program cycles through its various activities. Another is to put a MsgBox in your code. If it pops up, you know you got at least that far.

Hope that helps!

I like to use MsgBoxs' or I use ProgressOn() progressSet() and ProgressOff() it displays a nice little progress bar as the script runs..