Value of checkbox

Hi,

Been away for a while but now I'm having a bit of difficulty with trying to get AutoIt to do what I want. What I'm trying to achieve is this. I have searched similar threads and can see people have answered this in one way or another before but I really couldn't make sense of what it is I need to do.

I have 6 checkboxes in a GUI and for each one (in sequence) I want my code to first check whether the box is ticked or not and then call a particular function, my script should work a bit like this:

If the first check box is checked it does function A, if it isn't checked then funtion B.

It should then check the second box...

If the second check box is checked it does function C, if it isn't checked then funtion D.

It should then check the third box...

If the third check box is checked it does function E, if it isn't checked then funtion F.

and so on through to the last (sixth) checkbox.

To begin with I tried assigning variables to the GUICtrlRead results and passed them into notepad to check them. I found that the GUIctrlRead was passing (I think) the correct result wheras the varible was not. I'll try and explain a bit more -

If a box was ticked then GUICtrlRead would pass a 4 to notepad, but if it wasn't it would pass a 1.

However the data stored in the variables (Which I thought I was correctly assigning the value of GuiCtrlRead) would always pass a 4 to notepad whether the box was ticked or not.

So my question is really this....

Can someone help me get my code to determine whether a box is actually checked or not. Then based on that information tell it to process either task A or task B before moving on to the next check box to carry out a similar routine.

I've been messing around with GuiCtrlRead, Call, Func and a few other commands to do with variables but I'm starting to get frustrated now. From reading the help file I think I need to be working with the GUICtrlRead command to get values of $GUI_CHECKED, or $GUI_UNCHECKED but I'm having trouble doing it. If someone can just show me how to get that info and maybe store it in a variable for when the initial GUI window closes that would be great.

I know AutoIt can do what I want but I seem to be missing something. :)

I can post code if needed but in fairness I had some decent code before and have now probably taken a backward step in trying to adapt it!!

TIA

Matt.

A little sample :)

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
Opt("GUIOnEventMode",1)
GUICreate("Sample",300,200)

$checkbox=GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Check me!",10,10)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1,"_CheckBoxChecked")
$checkbox2=GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Check me too!",10,40)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1,"_CheckBoxChecked")
GUISetOnEvent(-3,"close")
GUISetState()

Do
    Sleep(100)
Until False

Func close()
    Exit
EndFunc

Func _CheckBoxChecked()
    If BitAND(GUICtrlRead($checkbox),$GUI_CHECKED)=$GUI_CHECKED Then 
    ; do something
        Msgbox(0,"Checkbox 1","The button is checked")
    Else
    ; do something else
        Msgbox(0,"Checkbox 1","The button is not checked")
    EndIf

If BitAND(GUICtrlRead($checkbox2),$GUI_CHECKED)=$GUI_CHECKED Then 
    ; do something
        Msgbox(0,"Checkbox 2","The button is checked")
    Else
    ; do something else
        Msgbox(0,"Checkbox 2","The button is not checked")
    EndIf

EndFunc

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!