Vista compatibility

Hi,

I've done some script under windows XP for multiple application.

I've recently migrate to vista, and a lot of them doesn't work anymore despite using only simple function.

most of the script are just a window activation and a sequence of "send", to press some key.

The activation of the windows work, but nothing more...

Absolutly nothing (keypress, mouse move, clic) work in the ativate window under Vista.

It's mostly in program using directX or openGL.

Any idea on how to make them work under Vista (family premium)

Perhaps you should post the script(s) you are having trouble with. I've been using AutoIt in Vista (Ultimate) for quite some time and haven't had but one issue (the taskbar and start button are a little bit different than in XP).

Perhaps you should post the script(s) you are having trouble with. I've been using AutoIt in Vista (Ultimate) for quite some time and haven't had but one issue (the taskbar and start button are a little bit different than in XP).

Well, on something as simple as the folowing script, "F1" is never pressed for the program. The windows is activate, but that's all.

With other program, it's workin (with firefox, keep spaming the help...), but with program under directX, it's work only under windows XP...

WinActivate("my prog title","")

If Not WinActive("my prog title","") Then WinActivate("my prog title","")

WinWaitActive("my prog title","")

HotKeySet ("{esc}", "_Exit") ;

Func _Exit()

Exit

EndFunc

While 1

If Not WinActive("my prog title","") Then WinActivate("my prog title","")

Send("{F1}")

Wend

Well its hard to tell without knowing what application "my prog title" is. Are you sure you have the WinTitleMatchMode set correctly? I used the following script to demonstrate that WinActivate and Send are working properly in Vista:

AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)
WinActivate("Internet Explorer")
WinActivate("Mozilla")
Send("{F1}")

It should bring up the help file/page for which ever browser you have up.

Well its hard to tell without knowing what application "my prog title" is. Are you sure you have the WinTitleMatchMode set correctly? I used the following script to demonstrate that WinActivate and Send are working properly in Vista:

AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)
WinActivate("Internet Explorer")
WinActivate("Mozilla")
Send("{F1}")

It should bring up the help file/page for which ever browser you have up.

Yep, for this kind of application, it's work perfectly under vista. But for the application on with my scripts run, nada. They are mostly games under DirectX windowed (shayia, 12sky, Perfect world...). They works fine under XP, but not under vista. All the script are mostly some macro who execute a sequence of "send" when you press a key (I've only 3 fingers on my left hang due to an accident, this kind of macro are very usefull for me). Edited by autoit3d