Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mwpeck

Read register value of a memory address

4 posts in this topic

Is it possible to read the current ESI value of a memory address? I know the pointer address of a DMA address, the only problem is the pointer address does not store the plain DMA address, instead it adds a value to the current ESI value, which is the location I am looking for. To be simple, the location I need to know is ESI + 7D. Is there any way to get the ESI register value through autoit?

Is what I'm looking to do not possible?

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

A register isn't the same thing as memory. So I am a little confused on what you're asking. The only way to get the value of a register is to use assembly. Write a DLL with inline asm that returns the value of the specified register.

It should look something like this...

int GetRegisterValue()
{
    __asm mov eax, esi
}
Edited by cppman

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

Here is how I find the value in CE, I open the memory view, go to the static address, then debug it (f5), it freezes the game, and I click ESI and copy the value it holds (then stop the debugger so the game continues). Then I add a static value to that address (the +7D part) and that gives me the dynamic address I'm looking for.

How would I go about writting the DLL? I do have C# knowledge but without doing "unsafe" code I cannot read memory or anything, so I figured maybe AutoIT could do something similar.

Edited by mwpeck