_PixelFindAll()

Wolvereness

The reason it is converted to hex is to break it down into smaller components.

16777215 cannot be broken down into 3 sections for each RGB

FFFFFF is the converted version, always have 6 characters because of hex format.

FF|FF|FF Each of those is compared to the broken down version of they color like so:

FE|FF|FF

FF|FE|FE

That is 1 difference in each catagory and it'll return it as possitive for that pixel when shade variation is 1

Edit: Top Bottom Left Right - > I wanted to have a different format then PixelSearch()

Edited by Wolvereness

Offering any help to anyone (to my capabilities of course)Want to say thanks? Click here! [quote name='Albert Einstein']Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.[/quote][quote name='Wolvereness' date='7:35PM Central, Jan 11, 2005']I'm NEVER wrong, I call it something else[/quote]

• Administrators

The reason it is converted to hex is to break it down into smaller components.

16777215 cannot be broken down into 3 sections for each RGB

FFFFFF is the converted version, always have 6 characters because of hex format.

FF|FF|FF Each of those is compared to the broken down version of they color like so:

FE|FF|FF

FF|FE|FE

That is 1 difference in each catagory and it'll return it as possitive for that pixel when shade variation is 1

Edit: Top Bottom Left Right - > I wanted to have a different format then PixelSearch()

I might be wrong but I think you've fallen into the dec/hex trap. For instance the _ColorGetBlue standard UDF is this:

Func _ColorGetBlue($nColor)
    Return BitAND($nColor, 0xff)
EndFunc  ;==>_ColorGetBlue

It doesn't care if you use a decimal or hex number as the input - you will still get the same return which is the blue component I've not looked at your script but you shouldn;t need to convert dec->hex just to work with colors.

Exactly, I will refuse to do it if it isn't my way. You can't force me to do or think anything. But if someone were to give me a suggestion to make it faster, that would be cool.

He can't, you're right. But he did give you a suggestion, and it was faster. What are you saying?

@ryeguy, The ONLY reason it was faster was it took out the $Shade

I might be wrong but I think you've fallen into the dec/hex trap.  For instance the _ColorGetBlue standard UDF is this:

Func _ColorGetBlue($nColor)
    Return BitAND($nColor, 0xff)
EndFunc  ;==>_ColorGetBlue

It doesn't care if you use a decimal or hex number as the input - you will still get the same return which is the blue component  I've not looked at your script but you shouldn;t need to convert dec->hex just to work with colors.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jon, I would like to talk about this. What I did to get each color was to put in hexidecimal as to make each color 2 characters, so as if the color was dark purple the resulting hex to the 6th value is A000A0 so I string split every 2 characters.

So $Array[0] = A000A0 Or Hex($DecimalFormOfNumber, 6)

and the blue value is $Array[1] = Dec(StringMid($Array[0], 1, 2)

Green value is $Array[1] = Dec(StringMid($Array[0], 3, 2)

Blue value is $Array[1] = Dec(StringMid($Array[0], 5, 2)

I never really understood the use of Bit funcs.

Edited by Wolvereness

Offering any help to anyone (to my capabilities of course)Want to say thanks? Click here! [quote name='Albert Einstein']Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.[/quote][quote name='Wolvereness' date='7:35PM Central, Jan 11, 2005']I'm NEVER wrong, I call it something else[/quote]

Wolver yours checks for shade even if it's set to 1?

Yours should be just as fast as mine if shade = 1 (same shade)...

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

Edit: Data is wrong. The colors added up < $shade = positive

Edited by Wolvereness

Didn't realize that.

So if shade is set to 0... it should be just as fast as mine?

EDIT -

Checked, I was using shade = 0

Edited by Insolence
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

New version, I did some thinking and I changed up the way $i_Shade worked!

Insolence had about a 40~50 and mine had about a 170~190

Mine has $shade variation and $step

After changing $shade had almost no effect.

After changing $step > 1, Insolence's function was annihilated.

Edited by Wolvereness

That kinda defeats the purpose, if you skip over some pixels you won't find them all... but I suppose if you're just looking for a certain ratio it's fine.

My function works great for what I want, yours has more features and sanity checks. I suggest using your function over mine, it was only an example anyhow :idiot:

The problem with mine was that it was doing 6 Dec() > or < checks and assigning a new array each time it runs.

I used a better format because I could never find a tool to turn negative numbers into abs without ($self * $self) / $Self , I guess I just skipped over the function.

I'm thinking of adding Dual step, that way you can step the Y and X factors seperate.

Edited by Wolvereness

Last version->

Fixed problem seperating the original color.

Slightly fixed speed problem (faster now).

Fixed problem when comparing colors using BitAnd().