Journal Application

Achilles

After a hard days work, which included lots of sitting and coke, I managed to make this. It's fairly simple but I find it useful for storing my thoughts and dream (actual dreams not aspirations).

Let me know what you think, including (as always) suggestions, comments and criticisms.

Updated: July 17, 2008

Download here: Journal.au3 Previous number of downloads: 115

My chosen icon for it:

Edited by Achilles
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Simple, but useful :P

Thanks, I think I will use this to keep track of the change log for my applications :)

~ Hallman

EDIT: Only suggestion: maybe make the password optional? Or a "Remember my password" option that lasts for a week or so. :P

Edited by Hallman

(315) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:

$year = StringTrimLeft($temp[3], 1)

$year = StringTrimLeft(^ ERROR

What OS are you using?

If possible could you post a screen shot of what you calendar looks like?

I only have Vista so this is designed to work in Vista so I'm not sure if it will work in any others.

@Hallman: I'll add (as in add an option to remove the password) that as soon as possible.

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

What OS are you using?

If possible could you post a screen shot of what you calendar looks like?

I only have Vista so this is designed to work in Vista so I'm not sure if it will work in any others.

@Hallman: I'll add (as in add an option to remove the password) that as soon as possible.

windows xp

windows xp

Judging off the error you got the calendar in xp must read slightly different. If I remember right it doesn't have the day (e.g. Wednesday, 30 February 2008).

Could anyone post a screen shot of what the calendar looks like in xp? Or at least give me an exact example?

• 3 weeks later...

This should be the correct code for XP

CODE
Func _GetDate()

$temp = GuiCtrlRead($guiDate)

$temp = StringSplit($temp, ' ')

$year = StringTrimLeft($temp[3], 1)

$date = _GetMonthIndex($temp[2]) & $temp[1] & $year

Return $date

EndFunc

Pretty cool! Couple things and thoughts (Vista Ultimate SP1 32-bit) -

1. When hovering the "Today" label in the calendar (bottom center), only part of the date is highlighted

2. You should either recommend to new users to change the _StringEncrypt() password ("confidential") before compile, or make it so it uses a dual password, maybe labeled as password and salt or something.

Nice work.

@Darknet: Thanks, I'll add that.

@wraithdu: 1. I have nothing to do with that, that's a really odd problem with either vista or autoit.

2. I don't understand what you mean by the second half of what you said:

make it so it uses a dual password, maybe labeled as password and salt or something.

• 2 years later...

Buggie! :)

If you have enable password protection, maybe create some journals and close Journal.exe. Then delete all the entries. Open Journal.exe again and try to change password. You will get this error:

C:\Users\Crash\Desktop\Journal.au3 (212) : ==> Subscript used with non-Array variable.: $progress = $files[0] > 50 $progress = $files^ ERROR

Buggie 2! ;)

In the $instructions variables, this is typed:

When switching computer your password will be forced to create a new passwordon the new computer.......

Please add a space between password and on.

Thanks.

PS. Nice program. Please perhaps zip a compressed version for people to download? I don't have any icons for the Journal.exe

Edited by Crash

JPGRARMouse Lock | My website | Thanks so much for your help! ❤️

I added a password and now when i type it in the program just closes. Im using win7

have you though of encrypting the logs as if you open the entries folder you can jsut read them anyway so defeats the object of a password.

Drunken Frat-Boy Monkey Garbage

Hi

I like the program thanks. i was wondering if it is poss to add a couple of additions. A small section above to input Tite(of the note added such as "good day out", Location, date, Weather. And if possible an add button to bring up the open dialog box and then i can select a picture too. Then after ive typed my journal out when i click to read the notes such as the one titled above then it will show me the info in the boxes that i typed the info in so its easy to read then i can read my notes below from the notes box and maybe if there was a listview of the pic files linked with the specific note that it would display the link so i can select it to show up. Maybe have each note become a folder with a text file inside and the pics with it?

What do you think?

thanks

Jamie

Drunken Frat-Boy Monkey Garbage