How to reboot?

trids

I'm using AI3 to autopilot a setup process, which needs a reboot halfway through. Any ideas on how to accomplish this with one script on NTWS4?

In the interests of minimal human intervention, I'd like to avoid the obvious of having the user fire two scripts: the first one steering the process through until the reboot; the next one he starts after the reboot has completed and he has logged in again (with Administrator authority).

:whistle:

If there isn't any simple way to achieve this, then two scripts it will have to be.

TIA

• Developers

Below a porton of a script I use to install software in steps with reboots in between... more or less like Larry described..

jos

; pgm name DEMO.AU3

$Userid="Administrator"

$Psw="adminpsw"

; Remove autologin params from registry to clean up

SetAutoLogon("Off", "")

;

; retrieve param

$param1 = ""

If $CmdLine[0] > 0 then

$param1 = $CmdLine[1]

endif

; Act on it

Select

Case $param1 = ""

; run your programs with admin account if needed in the first step

RunAsSet($userid, @Computername, $psw)

;

; *** put your stuff here for step1 ***

RunWait("notepad.exe step1.txt")

;

SetAutoLogon("On", "step1")

Shutdown(6)

Case $param1 = "step1"

; is already logged on with admin account

;

; *** put your stuff here for step2 ***

RunWait("notepad.exe step2.txt")

;

SetAutoLogon("On", "step2")

Shutdown(6)

Case $param1 = "step2"

; logoff the admin account

; *** put your stuff here for step3 ***

RunWait("notepad.exe step3.txt")

; just logoff

Shutdown(0)

Exit

EndSelect

exit

;

;

Func SetAutoLogon($sw,$step)

If $sw = "On" Then

; set the registry to start this program again after reboot

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RUN", "Demo", "REG_SZ", @ScriptFullPath & " " & $step)

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\","AutoAdminLogon","REG_SZ","1")

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\","DefaultDomainName", "REG_SZ",EnvGet("LOGONSERVER"))

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\","DefaultUserName", "REG_SZ",$Userid)

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\","DefaultPassword", "REG_SZ",$Psw)

EndIf

;

If $sw = "Off" Then

; Remove the registrykey to start this program again after reboot

RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RUN", "Demo")

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\","AutoAdminLogon","REG_SZ"," ")

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\","DefaultDomainName", "REG_SZ"," ")

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\","DefaultUserName", "REG_SZ"," ")

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\","DefaultPassword", "REG_SZ"," ")

EndIf

EndFunc

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thanks again to Larry and JdeB for showing me how to get the reboot to work! But now .. I'm struggling a bit trying to get pass-2 of the script to fire after successfully rebooting. :whistle:

The setup that I'm auto-piloting hijacks the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RUN for it's own purposes, and I can't seem to get it to also launch pass-2 of my script .. so I was thinking I might use Larry's alternative of putting a shortcut in the startup folder instead.

I guess I would use the FileCreateShortcut function: but should I put the commandline parameter to the script in the "file" specification along with the au3 reference (option-1 below)? Or in the "args" specification (option-2 below)?

;Option-1
FileCreateShortcut (@ScriptFullPath & " pass2", @StartupDir & "\autopilot.lnk")

;Option-2
FileCreateShortcut (@ScriptFullPath, @StartupDir & "\autopilot.lnk", "", "pass2", "", "", "")

.. Or is there another tree I should be barking up?

- TIA

• Developers

trids,

what seems to be the issue running your script after reboot ?

maybe you can post or sent me your script then I'll have a look..

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

There also is a registry entry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RUNONCE

where you can write the 2nd script details. It will run once and delete the relevant data from the registry.

Another idea if you are running on a network is to assign a login script to the relevant user and run the second script from there.

Cheers

CheersNobby