Only read certain lines with _IEBodyReadHTML

I'm trying to process data from a web page, I know how to use _IEBodyReadText and _IEBodyReadHTML, I want to read the HTML but only lines that begin with <td class="formContent">

So what I want to do is read the HTML, and any line with <td class="formContent"> will be set to an array for later usage. The problem is, is it possible to do that? I know you could write the html to a text file then read the text file by line, but I would prefer to not use a text file, just have the program handle all of it internally.

I'm trying to process data from a web page, I know how to use _IEBodyReadText and _IEBodyReadHTML, I want to read the HTML but only lines that begin with <td class="formContent">

So what I want to do is read the HTML, and any line with <td class="formContent"> will be set to an array for later usage. The problem is, is it possible to do that? I know you could write the html to a text file then read the text file by line, but I would prefer to not use a text file, just have the program handle all of it internally.

_IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "td") to get all the "td" tags, then you'll have to make one loop through the collect to find the class you are looking for.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Hmmmmm, here's where I'm sitting at trying to just get it to show all the td classes:

$sText = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "td")
    For $sTxt In $sText
            MsgBox(0, "", "Class Name: " & $sTxt.class)
    Next

But its crashing as soon as I get there. I am running Vista so I have to require admin which for some reason stops the console log and doesnt show anything other than exiting as soon as I give it permission (program still runs but I dont see any errors appear in the log when it crashes).

Hmmmmm, here's where I'm sitting at trying to just get it to show all the td classes:

For $sTxt In $sText
    Next

But its crashing as soon as I get there. I am running Vista so I have to require admin which for some reason stops the console log and doesnt show anything other than exiting as soon as I give it permission (program still runs but I dont see any errors appear in the log when it crashes).

Just replace .class with .outerhtml.

Ohhh didn't realize you could do it Psalty's way...

@PsaltyDS... but your a penguin surely you must be more afraid of vista then a little water... hehehe

Edited by someone
While ProcessExists('Andrews bad day.exe')
	BlockInput(1)
	SoundPlay('Music.wav')
	SoundSetWaveVolume('Louder')
WEnd

For $sTxt In $sText
    Next

Two things I'm glad to have never experienced: Waterboarding and Windows Vista

On the other problem, try .ClassName instead of .class:

$colTD = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "td")
$iTD = @extended
Msgbox(64, "Table Data", "There are " & $iTD & " TD tags in the collection.")
For $oTD In $colTD
    MsgBox(0, "", "Class Name: " & $oTD.ClassName)
Next

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Two things I'm glad to have never experienced: Waterboarding and Windows Vista

Vista isnt bad once you get use to the changes. Just like XP it sucked when it first came out (from what I heard) but its much more stable now. Performance wise it doesnt seem any slower than XP was.

For $sTxt In $sText
        If ($sTxt.ClassName == "formContent") Then
            FileWriteLine($file, $sTxt.innertext)
        ;MsgBox(0, "", "Class Name: " & $sTxt.outerHTML)
        EndIf
    Next

Seemed to pull the correct text I was looking for (wrote to a text file for testing purposes).

Now, next part, how can I write the text it pulls to an array? I know how arrays work and what not but I am not fully clear on how $sTxt.innertext works. It seems similar to an array (each pass through the loop gives different results) but if I try to set $array = $sTxt.innertext (i starts at 0 and increments each time the class formContent is found), it just crashes.

$colTD = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "td")
$iTD = @extended
Global $avTD[$iTD + 1]; max array size
$iTD = 0
For $oTD In $colTD
    If $oTD.ClassName = "formContent" Then
        $iTD += 1
        $avTD[$iTD] = $oTD.InnerText
    EndIf
Next
$avTD[0] = $iTD; [0] = count
ReDim $avTD[$iTD + 1]; resize to used elements only
_ArrayDisplay($avTD, "Matching TD Tags")

Hmmmm......its crashing on the _ArrayDisplay line, if I call a message box to show the $avTD[$iTD] in every iteration of the loop it shows what it should, but the _ArrayDisplay() is crashing out (commenting it out stops it from crashing). Really wish the console would work with #requireadmin so I could see the errors that are popping up......

Hmmmm......its crashing on the _ArrayDisplay line, if I call a message box to show the $avTD[$iTD] in every iteration of the loop it shows what it should, but the _ArrayDisplay() is crashing out (commenting it out stops it from crashing). Really wish the console would work with #requireadmin so I could see the errors that are popping up......

Did you #include <Array.au3> so you would have _ArrayDisplay() available...?