Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nago

Tips on keeping compiled file sizes down

5 posts in this topic

I read through the wiki and FAQ, but didn't see anything on this topic.

Anyone have good tips and tricks for keeping the compiled file size down? my script is fairly small (18k uncompiled) and is mostly GUI stuff. It compiles to ~264KB which isn't terrible, but if I could get it absolutely any smaller, that'd be amazing.

Are there any good command line options for compiling that might help trim useless bits?

any advice is welcome,

-nago

...It compiles to ~264KB which isn't terrible,...

Then you really would not like my compiled scripts which are about 515KB because I have the UPX compression turned off. :-)

...Are there any good command line options for compiling that might help trim useless bits?...

Not that I know of... maybe someone else will chime in.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

a simple "blank" au3 script results in "260.776" bytes (compressed UPX exe) - there is no ways to get it smaller in size, since it includes the complete "autoit" interpreter

a simple "blank" au3 script results in "260.776" bytes (compressed UPX exe) - there is no ways to get it smaller in size, since it includes the complete "autoit" interpreter

Ahh... I see. Well thank you for your reply. I wasn't sure if there was anything I could trim but that seems pretty decisive.

Gracias.

I read through the wiki and FAQ, but didn't see anything on this topic.

Anyone have good tips and tricks for keeping the compiled file size down? my script is fairly small (18k uncompiled) and is mostly GUI stuff. It compiles to ~264KB which isn't terrible, but if I could get it absolutely any smaller, that'd be amazing.

Are there any good command line options for compiling that might help trim useless bits?

any advice is welcome,

-nago

I asked a similar question a couple of weeks ago because I was wondering why the size is so large after compilation. My issue comes from the #include files and someone made a great a suggestion on how to "trim" what I need from the #include files.

Go here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...mp;#entry543029

[font="Georgia"]Chances are, I'm wrong.[/font]HotKey trouble?Stringregexp GuideAutoIT Current Version