Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
muzle6074

Question about controlsend

10 posts in this topic

Does the ControlSend() command write to memory? It would be nice to have a script that sent keys to a minimized window but I don't want this to be detected by "anti-bot" software which monitors game memory reading/writing. This script would be for the soul purpose of evading AFK in game (which is very annoying).

Regards.

I'm not sure if I'm right about this, but I believe it sends/posts a message to the message queue of the window in question.

Which, as far as I know doesn't modify the memory of the process owning the window...

Thank you for your input FreeFry, any other opinions/objections/suggestions?

Perhaps, if it's possible, depending on the game, if it has a built-in scripting language(like half-life games has), maybe you could create a afk-script "internally" instead. muttley

If not, then perhaps ControlSend should work fine(if it works that is), unless the "anti-bot" software you speak of can detect input related messages coming from another process as a "cheat". :|

It does have a built in script/macro system but it has been modified greatly to prevent users from making scripts like this... It used to be so powerful that you could bot with it lol

I see... So there's no way to make you walk around in a circle with it?

No, it's more for battle/chat commands now. It's a lot different now.

I see. Then if you can get ControlSend to work on the game, that should probably be satisfactory. muttley

I can get it to work. This topic is about finding out if ControlSend() writes and/or reads game memory as this will be very detectable muttley

I think it does not, but perhaps someone of the developers on here can confirm it. muttley