Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AustrianOak

How to create my own custom menu

3 posts in this topic

I would like to know how to create my own menu in my program to appear just like the default windows xp menu except it is custom. I am doing this because I'm using XSkin therefore do not have the capability of using the windows xp menu.

In this case I would prefer my own menu and thats why I need some help.

I guess the best way is to start off with a label and put a context menu on it. But then comes the part I'm stumped on. How do I create an image in replace of the simple label when I hover my mouse over it so it looks like I have a real menu?

Im sorry if this post is confusing and I will better explain it if needed.

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

I would like to know how to create my own menu in my program to appear just like the default windows xp menu except it is custom. I am doing this because I'm using XSkin therefore do not have the capability of using the windows xp menu.

In this case I would prefer my own menu and thats why I need some help.

I guess the best way is to start off with a label and put a context menu on it. But then comes the part I'm stumped on. How do I create an image in replace of the simple label when I hover my mouse over it so it looks like I have a real menu?

Im sorry if this post is confusing and I will better explain it if needed.

Funny thing is I've actually been working on a menu... I have a completely awesome SWGEMU custom skin im using for a weapon generator.

Because of the different sized texts on a menu it makes it hard to do. But heres what you need...

$guimsg = GUIGetMsg()
switch $guimsg

Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        exit

Case $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN
        $CI = GUIGetCursorInfo()
; $CI[4] is now what control its over
        Switch $ci[4]

Case $menuone
                GUICtrlSetImage($image1, "C:\*******")

EndSwitch

EndSwitch

Using a transparent label and a 2x19 image of a toolbar, you can make a menu look like the real deal. It does take alot of work to get menu's setup correctly.

Search in the local help file "GUICtrlCreateContextMenu" There is an example there that you can use for creating the menu's dropdown=)

GL=)

Edited by Szhlopp

ok thanks.